1.    #1  
    is there an integrated way (i.e. no 3rd party programs, etc...) of using Gmail's IMAP and push technology?

i like how Windows Mobile Outlook is so well integrated with the phone so that's why i prefer an integrated solution.

if not, what are my options?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    gmail push not that im aware of imap yes pop yes
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Here's GMail's link to their mobile client, as well as IMAP setup. Hope this helps.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/mobile...ail/index.html
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

the closest thing to push... set your outlook to check for mail every 1 min!
    You can get Gmail Push with FlexMail. I use it for GMail & Everyone.net - both IMAP Push. It provides the same functionality as ChatterEmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkeo View Post
    the closest thing to push... set your outlook to check for mail every 1 min!
    Wow, you would drop to about 2 hours of battery life...
    if your carrier gives you an email address, set gmail to forward messages to that account. maybe only the first 150 characters get, but you'll know when you have new mail, so you can download it with outlook
  8.    #8  
    thank you. i'll check out some of these solutions.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekCop View Post
    Here's GMail's link to their mobile client, as well as IMAP setup. Hope this helps.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/mobile...ail/index.html
    do you know if this works off push technology or just standard X min frequency polling? if it's just X min frequency polling, i might as well stick with windows mobile's integrated outlook solution.
    I believe the GMail application runs within the Java environment, which frankly if it were a POS device, has bunches of issues. I have not played with Java on the WM. Also the Windows "integrated Outlook solution" is one that is fraught with problems. Since going with FlexMail I have not had any of those problems. I do PUSH IMAP with IDLE on GMail, Everyone.net and Fastmail - though I normally have Fastmail set to forward to my Everyone.net account.
    Might I suggest setting up a forward in your Gmail account to your Treo via text, you won't get the whole message most likely, at least you'd know a message has arrived and you can force a send/receive... just a thought.
    If one is in the position a real email program would be the answer. When you use text, another layer is added and another opportunity for failure is provided.
    Has anyone else on here used emoze? I'm using it and it isn't too bad. Although, when reception gets patchy, it isn't very tolerant.

Mark
    http://www.pocketpcaddict.com/forums...l-service.html

Google it and do a bit of reading. From what I read it really is not a good solution

Have you tried FlexMail - www.pocketinformant.com
    there's a .cab posted at ppcgeeks from sprint. its a mobile email cab and is supposed to support imap push. I tried posting but tc says its past the upload limit. you can try search for it there.