Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I have tried everything and cant seem to get PIE to view full web pages, all the reg edits I have seen are the same and dont work. Oh and I do like the netfront 3.5.

Thanks, Tom
    I personally havent tried the registry edits and cant say if they work, but from my previous research, the user agent setting in the 6.1 version of ie mobile is hard coded in the browser.dll file

see:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=1198850

<caution: do not use a foreign browser.dll you are not sure of on your device>
    Unfortunately, the problem is extracting the browser.dll file to edit it. This isn't a straight forward process and would require a rom dump.
    So changing HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent doesn't change the user agent in 6.1? If not, I wonder why it was included in the registry. Anyway, I don't know that the user agent would change the full screen viewing. I used it in 5.0 to make some sites accessible, not to change the viewable screen area.
    Sharp Zaurus 5700/5800 > Rex 5000/6000 > HP Jornada 568 > Kyo 7135 > T-Mo MDA (Wizard) > iPaq 6945 > Treo 800w > Acer F900 > T-Mo HD2
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I'm not concerned with screen size, I want to be able to access the desktop version of a web site and prevent being redirected to the mobile site.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik View Post
    I personally havent tried the registry edits and cant say if they work, but from my previous research, the user agent setting in the 6.1 version of ie mobile is hard coded in the browser.dll file

see:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=1198850

<caution: do not use a foreign browser.dll you are not sure of on your device>
    Unfortunately, the problem is extracting the browser.dll file to edit it. This isn't a straight forward process and would require a rom dump.
    I'm worried about this foreign browser thing. Anybody try this yet?