Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The SD method doesn't update Settings\About

Most people don't mind.

Here's how I did it:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...29#post1493629
  2.    #22  
    Thanks for the help. Before I go ahead, I just run the RUUWrapper.exe with my 750 attached to the sync cable and that's it?

Of course, its a given that I have to rename my rom file as well.

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The SD method doesn't update Settings\About

Most people don't mind.

Here's how I did it:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...29#post1493629
    yep
    Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    This WWE ROM, does it have the SMS functions?

For upgrading the OS, did you do the steps below? I copied and pasted it from - http://forum.centrospot.com/showthread.php?t=164538

"Choose the relevant ROM to match your country and language and download it. Then put the CHEEIMG.NBH file from the zip file in the root directory of a mini-SD card (I have a spare which I used, and had nothing else on it). According to what I have read, you should make sure that the SD card is formatted as FAT32 (use Windows to do that).
    Put the mini-SD in the 750's slot and make sure that you have the phone on AC power (NOT battery). Press and hold the PTT button on the side (underneath the volume buttons) and use your stylus to press the reset button. When 'Loading' shows you can release the PTT button. The screen should be tri-colored, which will change to a screen with a progress bar. Do not touch anything fr 10-20 minutes until the screen shows 'Update Completed'. At this time you can do a HARD reset (hold down power key and press reset button, when asked if you want to erase data, press the up part of the D button for yes). Wait, wait wait and then you will have the relevant ROM on your phone."
    I thought I recognized that text
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
  5.    #25  
    LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman View Post
    I thought I recognized that text
    Hi guys,

I'm trying to do the SD card method but after the screen that shows LOADING...then appear the three color bars screen...an at the bottom it says SERIAL and it just stays like that.

Any ideas?
    Ricardo Soto C.

you need to run Hard SPL aka Cheetahunlocker.exe before you boot to the screen with the color bars.

Just run part 1 of 3, that is all you need for the custom bootloader.

I've got 6.1 on my 750 and its great!
    Hi guys, I'm getting an unlocked treo 750 and I have the cheeimb.nbh file waiting on an SD card. Do I have to do anything else besides the steps mentioned earlier in the thread? Thanks in advance!
    I have flashed my treo 750 to WM 6.1 and for some reason I do not have voice commands. Is there a ROM available that includes voice commands?
    thak you
    oius
    palm treo
    its good 6.1
    Hi guys, I'm getting an unlocked treo 750 and I have the cheeimb.nbh file waiting on an SD card. Do I have to do anything else besides the steps mentioned earlier in the thread? Thanks in advance!
    I'm trying to do the SD card method but after the screen that shows LOAD
    try to open extrom with Hemres Mount_ExtendedROM.cab on Treo WM6,it can be opened.
    The small hole signed "RESET" uder the miniSD card slot.

7. Holding PPT/Media button (one under volume keys) push reset (under card slot) with stylus. - this is going into bootloader.

Still you haven't told us what do you mean saying "dead" and what was the reason of this sudden death. Flashing is a good way to put it on two legs (if it is dead, probably the rom image is broken somehow, so reflashing will fix it).

And make sure your battery is fully charged. Btw, does it charge when you plug in to charger?
    If you can access the tri-color bootloader screen, then your Treo 750 is NOT dead.
    The ROM is bad or wiped but the bootloader is good...that is sufficient for you to flash a good ROM & get it up & running.
    What do you see on the bootloader screen?
    Which ROM did you copy into the mini-SD card?
    You could copy the .nbh file from the original WM6 ROM Upgrade package & change it to CHEEIMG.nbh into a freshly formatted (FAT32) mini-SD card & flash using the mini-SD card method.
    If you can access the tri-color bootloader screen, then your Treo 750 is NOT dead.
    The ROM is bad or wiped but the bootloader is good...that is sufficient for you to flash a good ROM & get it up & running.
    What do you see on the bootloader screen?
    W
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12