1.    #1  
    Hi, my treo has been acting up lately. It is a little slow when scrolling up or down especially right after or during text messaging. There is a huge delay when pressing the buttons - like I would press the send button and it would do nothing for 7 seconds then it would go. I haven't installed anything lately except wei's softreset, and I have since removed that program. And I only have googlemaps, codyppc cab, opera 9.5, and weatherpanel. Today a message showed up telling me I had a system.exe error, then right after that a shell32 error. Whats going on?
    What's going on, is that you are running WM and have a Treo.

Who knows really. I get errors too back and forth. I even get them when I dont touch the device at all. Mine are mesagingapp errors, and I think I get the services error as well. Maybe ones you've gotten too. Need to keep track.

What I cant stand is that it is NOT something that happens non-stop. I wish it was cause the sporadic ones dont help me too much.

Kind of like the battery. I get days it drains with no use, and others it stays charged for a long time.

I may have taken the plunge too soon. Seeing how I dont have much installed, I shouldn't see all of these errors. May try a hard reset and then see what happens. But if I take it back I dont think i'll mess with that.
    Go to Start->Settings and click on System tab. Select Error Reporting icon. Change setting to disable error reporting.
    Quote Originally Posted by squares View Post
    Hi, my treo has been acting up lately. It is a little slow when scrolling up or down especially right after or during text messaging. There is a huge delay when pressing the buttons - like I would press the send button and it would do nothing for 7 seconds then it would go. I haven't installed anything lately except wei's softreset, and I have since removed that program. And I only have googlemaps, codyppc cab, opera 9.5, and weatherpanel. Today a message showed up telling me I had a system.exe error, then right after that a shell32 error. Whats going on?
    Are you running weatherpanel by chance? It was doing this to my phone the other day until I reset it.

Edit: Ah I see you are running weatherpanel. That's the culprit.
  5.    #5  
    Ah so weatherpanel is causing the errors - that's weird I had it installed since the first day I got the phone. But I remember one other time, when it used an icon that i had not previously seen before, there was a .dll file error. Does it affect my phone in any adverse way? Because I really like the program. The system.exe error happened to me again last night, but then I just kept on using the phone as if nothing happened.