1.    #1  
    All,

How would I go about deleting an app such as the "POCKET EXPRESS"?

Thank you!
    The short answer is you can't. It is in ROM.

What you can do is use File Manager to delete the shortcut in the Programs folder so that it doesn't bother you.

/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    When I explore that folder in AS it won't let me delete the link?
    NVM: It worked when I used the phone's FE
    Last edited by farnlc; 08/14/2008 at 10:15 AM.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you!
  5.    #5  
    farnic... Make sure it is not running in the background. Close the app.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I know on the Mogul, when you do a hard reset and about to install the ROM software, just do a soft reset and it will not install those Sprint garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I know on the Mogul, when you do a hard reset and about to install the ROM software, just do a soft reset and it will not install those Sprint garbage.
    this is only if you see the device installing apps after the initial setup. question.... when you do a hard reset and complete the align screen, timezone type stuff, do you see it install apps and saying something like "installing Customizations"?

if so, once you figure out how to unlock the extended rom you can get rid of the junkware.

good luck

cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    when you do a hard reset and complete the align screen, timezone type stuff, do you see it install apps and saying something like "installing Customizations"?
    No.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    The short answer is you can't. It is in ROM.

What you can do is use File Manager to delete the shortcut in the Programs folder so that it doesn't bother you.

/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/
    I get sqeemish about deleting stuff so I followed your instructions except I created a new folder in /programs/ named it Unused Programs, then cut and pasted six unused progams to the new folder.

Now if I ever did want to use one later, it's in that folder and they still launch.

And that folder (unused programs) is simply one entry taking the place of all the ones I dont want to look at.

Wayne
    Last edited by WHarropson; 09/10/2008 at 11:40 PM.