1.    #1  
    I have the Treo 800w..I just upgraded from the 755p. I get a blank blue screen before the backlight goes out. I also get a colorful striped screen as well, instead of the Today screen sometimes. It freezes sometimes when going from the Today screen to the messaging screen. I haven't installed any type of 3rd party applications on my phone. The most I've done was sync it with my outlook. That's it. I just want to make sure, this phone is worth keeping. I'll go and reactivate my 755P again if I have to...lol The phone is cool otherwise, but that Windows OS is a mess. Has anyone else had these issues, or did I just get my phone out of the bad batch that came out????
    Sounds like a bad phone to me especially if you have no 3rd party software on it yet. Mine has never done that and I completely screwed it up with registry edits and UltimateLaunch once, heh.
    Mine did that striped screen thing for a while when shutting down. Freaked me out. Seems a lot of people have had it, and mine has gone away.
    Yeah I had that too one night. I was charging the phone, and texting, and then it flashed white, had these green and red lines on the phone, and then it would go back to the screen. It happened like 3 times, and I haven't seen it again... YET.

Couldn't tell you what the deal was.
    Ya I had that problem only one day. I was going to the airport and decided to turn on Garmin and mess around with it ( I was not driving). When I got to the airport the screen would do the striped lines and things like that. Soft reset seemed to fix it and I haven't had that problem ever since...
    Had the striped screen too. Soft reset fixed it.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EMB Driver View Post
    Had the striped screen too. Soft reset fixed it.
    Same here......
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Soft reset seems to fix it, but then it comes back later after several hours of use. I've been trying to track this to any third-party software but to no avail. This is a major issue since the screen remains on while you're not noticing (or perhaps have your phone in a holster) and it drains the battery.

Are any of you NOT having this problem? If so, perhaps this means that some of the 800w phones aren't bad and that we customers can exchange our faulty phones with Sprint.
    I have had that striped screen come up a bunch of times. It usually went away though.

I also had issues with the screen freezing or not turning back on. It usually happens if I have to many applications on at a time and let it go to standby.
  10. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I've only ever gotten it trying to turn off my screen with pocketplayer running. If you get it a lot, I would exchange your phone.
    mine will do it everyonce in a while. a soft reset fixes it.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    I found the problem with one of the applications I installed on it and when deleted that problem went away. However, screen refresh is a challenge with Style Tap active.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Mine did this within 2 minutes after taking it out of the box. I have had it pop up sporadically since then. A soft reset will solve it for a while.
    the very 1st 800w i got did this as well. i returned that one since i was within the 30 days return policy and got a new 800w. this current one seems to be alot more stable and hasnt done it.
    Mine started to do this too, immediately after installing google maps. I hard reset and did not install google maps, and it it has not done it since. I should say that I've repeated the process twice, and both times it did it, so I'm fairly sure it was google maps.
    Can't say I've experienced these issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutiger View Post
    Mine started to do this too, immediately after installing google maps. I hard reset and did not install google maps, and it it has not done it since. I should say that I've repeated the process twice, and both times it did it, so I'm fairly sure it was google maps.
    mine did the 1st time i ever used live search
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?