1.    #1  
    I am looking for a way to increase the "overall" display... I mean, increasing the size of all icons, text, everything...

Is there any way to change the resolution (like on a desktop) which can show bigger icons and all?

I do not think that a bigger screen phone will help... (i need something which will make everything look bigger, by default)...

It strains my eyes to see small characters...

Any suggestions to accomplish this?

-M
    Start>settings>system>screen>text size
    crank it up to largest...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.. But, I still cant seem to get the OVERALL display big.... just the text (in messaging/ calender) are big.
    -M
    Quote Originally Posted by monil View Post
    Thanks.. But, I still cant seem to get the OVERALL display big.... just the text (in messaging/ calender) are big.
    -M
    Yup, that's only for text. As far as I know, unless you replace icons and use a different shell like then there is no way to basically increase the size of everything.

Some icons like Programs and Settings are already big but the Today screen stuff and the menu is a bit small.

I don't mean any offense but do you need new glasses? Mobile phone screens usually do a decent job at preventing eye strain (well, the best a small LCD can anyway). My girlfriend had some eye strain issues with her Blackberry until she got new glasses then all was well.
    Switch to a 700wx. You lose WiFi and GPS, but other than that it's pretty close. The 700wx has a 240x240 display instead of 320x320, and a slightly larger screen to boot.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Yup, that's only for text. As far as I know, unless you replace icons and use a different shell like then there is no way to basically increase the size of everything.

Some icons like Programs and Settings are already big but the Today screen stuff and the menu is a bit small.

I don't mean any offense but do you need new glasses? Mobile phone screens usually do a decent job at preventing eye strain (well, the best a small LCD can anyway). My girlfriend had some eye strain issues with her Blackberry until she got new glasses then all was well.
    Hmm... Thanks.. But, what kind of "shell" do I look for?
    (yea, I do not have glasses, had it checked recently )

-M

-M
    He's referring to something like RealVGA. Only the opposite direction.

Real VGA offers 128 or 96. The 800w is at 128 currently. You want something larger than that. I'm unaware of anything that's availible.

-M
    Maybe this is what you need?
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=34464