Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    is it possible? ive been with sprint for 12 years.
  2. #2  
    It can be done but you will need to be a little tricky. You need to get the toll free number for Sprint business customer service. Call the number and tell them you just need to do a quick ESN swap for one of your lines. The business customer service reps should not hassle you about upgrading to a power vision pack. I have managed to change my phone several times using this trick. I still have my 7 year old plan with 3 lines, 2000 shared minutes and unlimited everything for $110.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jateshk View Post
    is it possible? ive been with sprint for 12 years.
    WOW 12 yrs..and I thought I was with them for an eternity (10 yrs and going)..I don't see why you cannot, I did not change my plan (though I have the $15 basic unlimited data plan).

    Give them a call, you might have to call them a couple times, and they might refer u to a special dept (NOT retentions), but u will get it. Just be super duper nice aka butter up dude.

    Good Luck...

    BigMots
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jateshk View Post
    is it possible? ive been with sprint for 12 years.
    what is wrong with us? My husband and I can't believe we stuck with Sprint for so long. Good luck! We had to upgrade to the everything plan to get the treo 800w. Old plan didn't carry over.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMots View Post
    WOW 12 yrs..and I thought I was with them for an eternity (10 yrs and going)..
    I'm coming up on 13 years in December.

    Quote Originally Posted by thek View Post
    what is wrong with us? My husband and I can't believe we stuck with Sprint for so long. Good luck! We had to upgrade to the everything plan to get the treo 800w. Old plan didn't carry over.
    Your old plan did carry over. You were lied to. I am on a retention plan that hasn't been offered in years.

    OP should ask that EVDO casual and unlimited text be added. A retention Rep can do that for $0 to $15 net per line depending on other existing credits.
  6. #6  
    I've been with sprint for 10 yrs. I have the 2000 min package with free unlimited data, roaming, txt, m2m, etc... for $85. They did not make me change anything.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by thek View Post
    what is wrong with us? My husband and I can't believe we stuck with Sprint for so long. Good luck! We had to upgrade to the everything plan to get the treo 800w. Old plan didn't carry over.
    I upgraded to the SEP as it had everything my previous plan had but also TeleNav and SprintTV but I didn't have to.

    You didn't have to upgrade any plans to get the Phone.
  8. mabmarc's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
    I've been with sprint for 10 yrs. I have the 2000 min package with free unlimited data, roaming, txt, m2m, etc... for $85. They did not make me change anything.
    Same here. $85 per month 2000 mins 3 lines unlimited data, roaming, txt, m2m, etc... plus a 26% discount from work. I didn't have to change anything.
  9. #9  
    they should activate it, im still on a 10 dollar plan as well and there was no mention of HAVING to change my plan. the rep didnt kinda try to sell me on the new talk/msg/data share plan and i just told her no the plan i have works fine.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
  10. #10  
    I was using my old Vision plan on my treo 700p and Mogul and was getting EVDO speeds. Unfortunately, something happened with my internet connection and they had to switch me over to Power Vision and a whole new plan. I'm getting Power Vision for free now however vs paying $10 for regular Vision, so I didn't mind the switch.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    It can be done but you will need to be a little tricky. You need to get the toll free number for Sprint business customer service. Call the number and tell them you just need to do a quick ESN swap for one of your lines. The business customer service reps should not hassle you about upgrading to a power vision pack. I have managed to change my phone several times using this trick. I still have my 7 year old plan with 3 lines, 2000 shared minutes and unlimited everything for $110.
    When I had regular vision, I just always dialed *2 when switching phones, and told them I wanted to do an ESN swap. They never questioned or mentioned my vision plan being old. Never had to talk to the Business side.
  12. #12  
    I started with Sprint in 1994 as an employee but was laid off in 2001.

    Guess that makes 14 years.

    The first few years, we carried pagers. My first cell phone was a Motorola StarTac.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    I started with Sprint in 1994 as an employee but was laid off in 2001.

    Guess that makes 14 years.

    The first few years, we carried pagers. My first cell phone was a Motorola StarTac.
    Our Sprint phones were all GSM. Started in December 95.
  14. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #14  
    I hope to have my $30 SERO plan forever. I love the free data and unlimited TEXT.

Posting Permissions