View Poll Results: Does your red light come on with the network connection disabled? (See post)

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

6 100.00%
  • It did not, but I have replaced my device

0 0%
  • I don't know

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    So it looks like my 800w is defective.

Here's the rundown:

Red light on scenario:
    1) Activesync is running.
    2) Plug in the phone.
    3) Verify that activesync connects.
    4) Listen to beep/vibration and see battery icon change.
    5) Watch red light go on.

Red light off scenario:
    1) Continue from step 5 above.
    2) Open Network Connections.
    3) Find your activesync connection (it will show the Device Name as "Windows Mobile-Based Device"). The name will be something like "Local Area Connection 9".
    4) Right click on said Local Area Connection X.
    5) Disable.
    6) Unplug the USB cable.
    7) Plug USB cable back in.
    8) Listen to beep/vibration and see battery icon change.
    9) Watch red light.....do nothing.

The red light will *ONLY* go on if you have a high enough positive charge. I suspect it's probably set to a limit of something like 100 mA, as that's the USB spec that a device draws before it requests a higher amount.

So....for the poll.

Does your red light come on with the network connection disabled?
    After disabling the network connection, I don't get a red light on a low battery or a green light on a fully charged battery. The light will come on as soon as enabling the network connection while still plugged in.
    it seems like my red light will only come on every 3 times I plug it in. Its really frustrating.
    It seems like there has to be a network connection in order for it to charge...It does seem to be dependent on the usb port I connect it to, though. It is not recognized by two usb ports on the computer (they do not show that anything is plugged in), but it charges from them. The usb port that I use to sync the phone does not charge it unless there is a network connection. I hope this makes sense.
    My light does not appear to come on without a network connection. Is this a problem?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    My light does not appear to come on without a network connection. Is this a problem?
    According to Palm you should not need any network connection in order to charge your phone.