Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FYI: On SPB website they say

If it is a minor upgrade (from 1.0 to 1.1 e.g.) you have to download new version from our site and install over existing one. You do not need to register again, it uses the same serial number.

If this upgrade is major (from 1.x to 2.x e.g.) please refer to our Upgrade Policy

Time to upgrade!!!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I am having a problem receiving sms messages late....like a couple hours late and also service issues, anyone else having the same problems with the new version?
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I had major problems with the beta, biggest of all is I lost my signal. All it would say is no signal. I ununstalled it, did a reset and all is well. I don't think I'm going to reinstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by y2martt View Post
    I am having a problem receiving sms messages late....like a couple hours late and also service issues, anyone else having the same problems with the new version?
    Have not seen that issue (I know in the past, Sprint had SMS delivery issues with late messages, but haven't seen that in years)

Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    I had major problems with the beta, biggest of all is I lost my signal. All it would say is no signal. I ununstalled it, did a reset and all is well. I don't think I'm going to reinstall.
    Are you talking about the signal on the Today Screen or on the Spb MS Now screen? From what I can tell, the new version seems to have fixed the SMS icon issue, vastly improved the battery indicator issue (to have it match the true reading as listed on Today screen), but there's still can be a pretty wide difference in the signal readings between the Now and Today screens (with Today screen sometimes showing 4 or so bars even thought the Now screen shows none). It doesn't mean the signals bad, just another bug that needs to be fixed.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Are you talking about the signal on the Today Screen or on the Spb MS Now screen? From what I can tell, the new version seems to have fixed the SMS icon issue, vastly improved the battery indicator issue (to have it match the true reading as listed on Today screen), but there's still can be a pretty wide difference in the signal readings between the Now and Today screens (with Today screen sometimes showing 4 or so bars even thought the Now screen shows none).
    I have noticed the same on mine, too. Although sometime after the install, I also had a problem where my phone would not connect to Sprint service to make a call. I checked my wife's phone and see had service. So, it was an issue with my phone. I soft reset and fiddled with it till it came back . I will keep an eye on it the next couple days to see if it persists.
    Quote Originally Posted by danmbaz View Post
    I have noticed the same on mine, too. Although sometime after the install, I also had a problem where my phone would not connect to Sprint service to make a call. I checked my wife's phone and see had service. So, it was an issue with my phone. I soft reset and fiddled with it till it came back . I will keep an eye on it the next couple days to see if it persists.
    Strange.

I was trading messages with spb support over the SMS issue; I've restarted that trail to let them know that is fixed, but that there's an apparant signal meter bug.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Yet another problem after SPB install:
    My phone is sitting with the screen off. Sometimes it randomly turns the screen on and its white or it just flickers white. Also, sometimes I turn the screen off, then 5 seconds later its back on. Lastly, my screen saver turns on but its white and the back light is on. Could this be some conflict with Treo Alerts beta 11 or some other app? Any ideas please...
    Quote Originally Posted by danmbaz View Post
    Yet another problem after SPB install:
    My phone is sitting with the screen off. Sometimes it randomly turns the screen on and its white or it just flickers white. Also, sometimes I turn the screen off, then 5 seconds later its back on. Lastly, my screen saver turns on but its white and the back light is on. Could this be some conflict with Treo Alerts beta 11 or some other app? Any ideas please...
    I had something similar to this when I was running GPS one day. I'd pinpoint, find some info, put the phone in my cup holder, it would then shut off, flicker back on, then off again. Pretty much did that every time I routed myself. Not sure what the deal was. Could be GoogleMaps, could have been something else causing it.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Have not seen that issue (I know in the past, Sprint had SMS delivery issues with late messages, but haven't seen that in years)

Are you talking about the signal on the Today Screen or on the Spb MS Now screen? From what I can tell, the new version seems to have fixed the SMS icon issue, vastly improved the battery indicator issue (to have it match the true reading as listed on Today screen), but there's still can be a pretty wide difference in the signal readings between the Now and Today screens (with Today screen sometimes showing 4 or so bars even thought the Now screen shows none). It doesn't mean the signals bad, just another bug that needs to be fixed.

Up to on the today screen it would say no service, no bars nothing. Uninstalled it and all is working again. The non-beta worked fine except the minor issues.
    can someone please post a working theme on the 800w?thnx
    yeah i would like one theme also but without changing to 96dpi
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I need to temporarily remove SPB Mobile Shell from my phone. Is there a way to save/backup all the settings like the tabs that I have and my Menus, etc..

Please help..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12