Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I too would like for the Airave service to be free, but consider this... There's additional equipment involved in the "back-office" such as soft-switches for both the IP provider and the Wireless carrier, there's additional routing and translations work that needs to be done between the IP & Wireless partners, and I'm sure the IP provider is charging the wireless carrier a fee to carry and route the call.

Who should pay for all of that? For me, $5.00 a month is well worth the having that coverage.
    I'm not sure if this still holds true. Sprint, nor any other cellular company does not guarantee that you'll have a signal in your HOME; all they are responsible for is you getting a signal. The fact that it doesnt work in your home but outside pretty much says to them that you are getting a signal- but it doesnt take a brain surgeon to know that you dont need it IN and OUT of your home.

Getting another device may/not be the answer. Before dishing out more money, have you thought about maybe trying a friend's phone (on a different network) in your home to see if that works any better than what you're experiencing now.

I'm just concerned that you'll go past the 30 day return period and still have the same problems.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  3.    #23  
    My wife's verizon works fine in the home and my old phone (VZW) also worked fine...my old company was paying the bills though which is why I left and went to sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoM View Post
    My wife's verizon works fine in the home and my old phone (VZW) also worked fine...my old company was paying the bills though which is why I left and went to sprint.
    Yeah, I don't know anyone who uses Sprint with OPM (other people's money). If you are paying the bill yourself it is usually the best choice.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12