Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    This happened to me also. I emailed forum@seido.com about it. Thanks for your support on the forum.
    I notice my order for the pen stylus' is also on back order status. Could it be the design flaw has been exposed and are being replaced?

I also noticed the cradle is also on backorder. Sure glad I paid for Fedex 2 day...

Quote Originally Posted by phonedude View Post
    I notice my order for the pen stylus' is also on back order status. Could it be the design flaw has been exposed and are being replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    We were unable to replicate the problem last week, but obviously this is something we have to get to the bottom of. We've stopped shipping these until we can figure out what's going on.
    I sincerely apologize again for the problems.

Thanks,
    Guys...the Seidio rep already said they stopped shipping these until they can fix the problem.

EDIT: EBags beat me to it.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Guys...the Seidio rep already said they stopped shipping these until they can fix the problem.

EDIT: EBags beat me to it.
    1. I'm just that good.
    2. It's Ebag. Only one of me.

(Though at times it'd be nice if there were two. Maybe then I could keep up in my custom ROM thread AND on the 800w forum.)
    My bad...hmm...maybe I have some weird form of dyslexia where 3s look like Ss.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Currently, we are working to resolve pen cap issue. However, we are shipping replacement (non-pen) version of stylus for Treo 800W.

Seidio
  8.    #48  
    Currently, we are working to resolve pen cap issue. However, we are shipping replacement (non-pen) version of stylus for Treo 800W.

Seidio

did you ship one to me? thanks!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billhelm View Post
    I didn't have my cap break, but I can't get it to consistently stay on the pen so that the pen doesn't get stuck in the phone and can only get out via taking the battery door off. back to the regular stylus for me.

Same here... Seidio.. where are you ? - This just happened to me and when I replaced with a second styluse that one broke (same as OP)...

I don't understand how you cannot replicate the problem (end rant). Anyway, I've emailed you. I would like the non-pen version - unless you have somehow managed to fix the problem...

It seems as if initially the cap is on the pen tight however after several hours of use (in and out, off and on) the cap becomes loose and will no longer stay on tight.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysen View Post
    Same here... Seidio.. where are you ? - This just happened to me and when I replaced with a second styluse that one broke (same as OP)...

I don't understand how you cannot replicate the problem (end rant). Anyway, I've emailed you. I would like the non-pen version - unless you have somehow managed to fix the problem...

It seems as if initially the cap is on the pen tight however after several hours of use (in and out, off and on) the cap becomes loose and will no longer stay on tight.
    dude, they sent me a replacement! awesome thanks Sedio... that was some awesome customer service!

i asked for a non-pen one and they sent it to me right away to replace my broken pen cap one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    i asked for a non-pen one and they sent it to me right away to replace my broken pen cap one!
    I just ordered the non-pen metal stylus for my Centro from Seidio. They were out of stock until last Thursday. Looking forward to getting it.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 08/26/2008 at 08:26 AM.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    dude, they sent me a replacement! awesome thanks Sedio... that was some awesome customer service!

I emailed them about it, but my email was ignored.
    Same problem here, I had to use scotch tape to tape the cap so I can be able to remove it from the slot. So the pen stylus just became a regular stylus "Bad design Seidio"

Treo 300 + 600 + 650 = 800w
    Last edited by MST8w; 08/26/2008 at 10:49 AM.
    My cap cracked within a couple of days. I was able to get the pen out pretty easily. I ended up super gluing the cap on because my wife kept shoving the pen back into my phone when i left it lying around.

Will I still be able to get a replacement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I emailed them about it, but my email was ignored.
    Rhody,

I can assure you that I personally answered every email I received. Please try resending it to forum@seidio.com or techsupport@seidio.com and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

Thanks,
    Rhody,

I can assure you that I personally answered every email I received. Please try resending it to forum@seidio.com or techsupport@seidio.com and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

Thanks,
    Try filling out a RMA Request form, here is the link. Hope this help.

http://206.188.193.155/index.asp?Pag...n=Custom&ID=33
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysen View Post

Jaysen,

When I first posted we were still trying to figure out what was going on. We know now and are working on the solution. Some customers are choosing to go ahead and switch to the standard version, while others are waiting until we have the new version. This is strictly up to you.

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by williamlroy View Post
    My cap cracked within a couple of days. I was able to get the pen out pretty easily. I ended up super gluing the cap on because my wife kept shoving the pen back into my phone when i left it lying around.

Will I still be able to get a replacement?
    William,

Not a problem. Please send your order number and contact info to forum@seidio.com and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I just ordered the non-pen metal stylus for my Centro from Seidio. They were out of stock until last Thursday. Looking forward to getting it.
    Good Luck

Just got the non-pen metal stylus. It great.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Jaysen,

When I first posted we were still trying to figure out what was going on. We know now and are working on the solution.
    For those of us who have not experienced the problems others have, did your testing reveal anything we should be aware of to help ensure our pen-styli continue to function properly?
    Sharp Zaurus 5700/5800 > Rex 5000/6000 > HP Jornada 568 > Kyo 7135 > T-Mo MDA (Wizard) > iPaq 6945 > Treo 800w > Acer F900 > T-Mo HD2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast