1. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Ok, I went from a 755 to a 800wm. Overall pleased with the 800.

What is missing is a good note taking program. I tried Daynotez which was a great program on my 755. The 5 way navigation button juts does not work, many bugs, need to be worked out. I can always use Notes, Word mobile or Onenote, but very hard to to a search, or save it in an organize way to quickly find it if needed a comment, or sentance like I did in Daynotez.

Also I had Butler on my 755 that would remind me if I missed a call or a text message. Can't find a program that is says it works with the 800.

When I bought this phone I told myself that I was just going to use the native programs that came on the phone and stay away from 3rd party programs. I had so many problems on 755, constant resets. Palm support told me to get rid of all 3rd party programs if I wanted the 755 to work properly.

So I just need Daynotez to work and something to alarm me if I missed a call.

Any suggestions?
    A lot of people like Evernote
    You may consider to use PhatNotes 5.3.

http://www.phatware.com/index.php?q=...ails/phatnotes

For the notification, you should be able to turn it on by going to Settings > Sounds & Notification to check "Display Message on Screen".
    Quote Originally Posted by jhn View Post
    Also I had Butler on my 755 that would remind me if I missed a call or a text message. Can't find a program that is says it works with the 800
    Treo Alerts 8.2 does almost everything Butler did with much fewer bugs. I would bet that Butler was most of your problems with your 755

Quote Originally Posted by jhn View Post
    When I bought this phone I told myself that I was just going to use the native programs that came on the phone and stay away from 3rd party programs. I had so many problems on 755, constant resets. Palm support told me to get rid of all 3rd party programs if I wanted the 755 to work properly.
    You need not worry. The beauty of Windows Mobile is that it is a true multi tasking OS. Therefore you can run poorly written programs that can crash without bringing down the whole OS like with Garnet. I have yet to actually find any poorly written WM programs that were a dime a dozen with the palm OS.

BTW, if you want to run your Palm programs just buy StyleTap Palm OS emulator. Its more stable than your 755 was.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    anybody try the PhatNotes 5.2 Outlook edition? I didn't want another "desktop" application for Notes... I just miss the good O'l POS's note that -works-.

But I have moved on.... so far I have mine notes in different folder, but it's not natural at all!! Hope PhatNotes 5.2 Outlook can replace WM notes.

one more thing, any replacement for POS's Doodle?!

Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    You may consider to use PhatNotes 5.3.

http://www.phatware.com/index.php?q=...ails/phatnotes

For the notification, you should be able to turn it on by going to Settings > Sounds & Notification to check "Display Message on Screen".
    Last edited by justdoit2; 08/27/2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: add Doodle
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    What is wrong with Microsoft Notes?