Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This is really frustrating that when someone calls me on my $600 phone i can't HEAR THE FREAKING PHONE RING ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!

its not that the ringer is low is that THERE IS NO RINGER AT ALL!!!! THIS IS HIGHLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!

AM I THE ONLY ONE?

i can see the phone light up and show who is calling but the ringer doesn't ring???

PROBLEM SLOVED!!!

its was the hack to disable the palm dialer that caused my no ringer problem.

"UPDATE:
    To fix the silence ringer under "HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0" change the Sound and Script keys to match the Sound and Script keys in "HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone1" after changing the global ringtone, this does not need to be done if you just changed a ringtone for a contact."

appearently i missed that post by jcbarron in this thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=148000&page=2
    Last edited by badboy8813; 08/12/2008 at 01:15 AM.
    I had this happen to me; I didn't get any ring nor vibrate when calls came in. Then I discovered that, when I made coreplayer the default app for all media files, it messed up my ringer. As soon as I unchecked midi files, I received rings and vibrate.

No clue if this helps, but it solved the problem for me.
    my phone doesn't even light up...I just don't get the call till I get a voivemail alert 2 hours later

Quote Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
    This is really frustrating that when someone calls me on my $600 phone i can't HEAR THE FREAKING PHONE RING ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!

its not that the ringer is low is that THERE IS NO RINGER AT ALL!!!! THIS IS HIGHLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!

AM I THE ONLY ONE?

i can see the phone light up and show who is calling but the ringer doesn't ring???
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I had this happen to me; I didn't get any ring nor vibrate when calls came in. Then I discovered that, when I made coreplayer the default app for all media files, it messed up my ringer. As soon as I unchecked midi files, I received rings and vibrate.

No clue if this helps, but it solved the problem for me.

yeah i don't even have that installed
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcochran1977 View Post
    my phone doesn't even light up...I just don't get the call till I get a voivemail alert 2 hours later
    the same thing happens even after a hard reset?
    Did you enable Rev.A in ##EVDO#? If so, uncheck it.

Also, are you using the internet at the time? Do you have "Do not allow a voice call to interrupt my data session"? checked under Data Settings? If so, you may need to uncheck it.
    I got a new device after this with the same issue. Like Eddie mentioned if you messed with the Revision A check box you most likely wiped out the radio. Uncheck it, do a hard reset again. If nothing then go to a Sprint store for a new one. I didn't mess with the Revision A box but my radio was still toast. Only fix is a new one. Good luck.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    didn't matter for me. Got a fresh new phone, didn't mess with Rev A at all. Still have the missed call problem.
    I had posted about the ringer not going off when receiving calls sometimes in another thread.

My theory is that the cause is the WinMobile OS. The same issue that is causing the built in alarm not to sound off intermittently. The alarm issue has been acknowledged to be an issue by Microsoft.

Tae
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I got a new device after this with the same issue. Like Eddie mentioned if you messed with the Revision A check box you most likely wiped out the radio. Uncheck it, do a hard reset again. If nothing then go to a Sprint store for a new one. I didn't mess with the Revision A box but my radio was still toast. Only fix is a new one. Good luck.

yehh i didn't mess with the Rev. A stuff at all... i did a hard reset and now its working again and i am installing all my programs one by one... i think it might be either the HTC home plugin or the Dialer hack i did... we'll see
  11.    #11  
    okay i figured out what my problem was...its was the hack to disable the palm dialer that caused my no ringer problem.

First problem found. Once this is done you can't change the ringtone in the Sounds & Notifications settings screen or you'll never hear a ring again! You can change custom per contact ringers without a problem. I'm guessing it has to do with the sounds settings screen being custom for the Treo. Going to check if the ringer can be changed in the registry without issue.

If this has already happened to you then just re-enable the two today plugin's and changed the "HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin" "Enabled" key back to 1 and soft reset, get a call so the phone will ring and then disable the plugin's and change the Enabled back to 0.

Will post again if I find a solution.

UPDATE:

To fix the silence ringer under "HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0" change the Sound and Script keys to match the Sound and Script keys in "HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone1" after changing the global ringtone, this does not need to be done if you just changed a ringtone for a contact.
    "

appearently i missed that post in this thread

Yes, This is my second 800 and it's doing the same thing I have hard reset it multiple times!

I don't have any of that installed and I am still having the issue. My husband sent me a text last night at 10:57pm and I didn't receive it till 5:15am this morning....

okay i figured out what my problem was...its was the hack to disable the palm dialer that caused my no ringer problem.

First problem found. Once this is done you can't change the ringtone in the Sounds & Notifications settings screen or you'll never hear a ring again! You can change custom per contact ringers without a problem. I'm guessing it has to do with the sounds settings screen being custom for the Treo. Going to check if the ringer can be changed in the registry without issue.

If this has already happened to you then just re-enable the two today plugin's and changed the "HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin" "Enabled" key back to 1 and soft reset, get a call so the phone will ring and then disable the plugin's and change the Enabled back to 0.

Will post again if I find a solution.

UPDATE:

To fix the silence ringer under "HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0" change the Sound and Script keys to match the Sound and Script keys in "HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\PlmORingTone1" after changing the global ringtone, this does not need to be done if you just changed a ringtone for a contact.
    "

appearently i missed that post in this thread

this is maddening. I am missing calls and texts on both handsets. Didn't touch rev a on either. one had treo alerts and core player and I thought that might be the issue but other is completely stock. Both are still doing this after hard resets.

WTF Sprint support is telling me no one else has this problem.
    For those going to a Sprint for a replacement tell them you do not want a refurb if they want to swap it out. The radio is an issue and many have been replaced. My buddy is the manager at my local store and he told me they are getting refurbs for replacement already. It would suck if you paid all this money and now get stuck with a refurb. Just an FYI.
    I have the same problem and it certainly is very frustrating. How exactly do you go about doing what you mentioned above re: "HKCU...."

Thanks
    MY GOD!!!!!!!! this is driving me nuts... I have missed at least 50 phone calls because of the phone not ringing.... does anybody have absolutely idea how to correct this problem? Thanks a lot for all the help guys...
    Here is what happened to a buddy because of the phone not ringing.
    He had a friend over his house, 5' 10", Brazillian girl, with a beach volley ball player body, sandy blonde hair, tan skin, beautiful woman. Anyway she was visiting one evening, and his girlfriend called his 800w. He didn't hear the call, so she called over and over again, and sent a couple of text messages. He heard none of it. So his girlfriend for whatever reasons heads to his house to see what's up. She sees a strange car outside his house, including his SUV, and starts ringing his door bell. This bell he hears. Due to the situation he doesn't answer his door, big scene, neighbors call the cops, he is busted. An innocent visit by a hot Brazillian, costs him his steady girlfriend. He now gets to concentrate on the Brazillian. Moral of the story... Its not so bad when your phone doesn't ring.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Quote Originally Posted by patriotde View Post
    I have the same problem and it certainly is very frustrating. How exactly do you go about doing what you mentioned above re: "HKCU...."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting23ray View Post
    MY GOD!!!!!!!! this is driving me nuts... I have missed at least 50 phone calls because of the phone not ringing.... does anybody have absolutely idea how to correct this problem? Thanks a lot for all the help guys...

Backup your phone via the included Sprite Backup, and hard reset it. See if the problem still exists *WITHOUT* any software or tweaks installed.

If the problem goes away it was something that was installed or changed. If it does not, take it to the store and get a new one.

Sprint DOES seem to be having some tower issues in certain areas. I noticed this same exact issue on my 700wx when they were upgrading the towers in this area (from 1x to EvDO Rev A, yay! ). Once the upgrades were done, problem went away.

Try the hard reset first. If that doesn't solve it, you can try a new phone or live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by makad View Post
    Here is what happened to a buddy because of the phone not ringing.

Moral of the story... Its not so bad when your phone doesn't ring.
    800w....$500.
    Snacks and drinks for your Brazillian "friend"....$50.
    Non functioning ringer....free.

Getting busted by your girlfriend. Priceless.
    That was a good story.

Anyway I posted a reply months ago when the OP first posted and mentioned radio failure. I still believe the 800 suffers from radio/EVDO data session issues. There is just something about when this device is in a data session when a call, text or reminder comes in. Doesn't matter if the option box is unchecked. I had a thread about this last week where my wife had been trying to call and text me for several hours. I did a soft reset and all was well. What if she hadn't told me? Just like the Brazilian story. Many of us are on our second or third device because of this. I bet the majority of 800 returns are related. I hope Palm can bundle this bug into an update.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast