Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got a Treo 800 on July 18th. About 5 days after I got it I noticed my phone was not ringing very much but I was getting alot of voice mail. After observing the problem for awhile, I notice that 50% of the time when a call was coming in the phone did not ring. What's worse is I do not receive the voicemail for hours and sometimes days later. I have talked with Sprint numerous times and they had me do everything from take the battery out to reprogramming the phone. Today they told me to take the phone back and get a new one. For the first couple hours the new phone seemed to work fine, now it back to the same old problem again. I have not loaded any software on the phone as a matter of fact I have not done anything to the phone in hopes of figuring out this problem. Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone have any ideas. Any help would be welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by mstevens1018 View Post
    I got a Treo 800 on July 18th. About 5 days after I got it I noticed my phone was not ringing very much but I was getting alot of voice mail. After observing the problem for awhile, I notice that 50% of the time when a call was coming in the phone did not ring. What's worse is I do not receive the voicemail for hours and sometimes days later. I have talked with Sprint numerous times and they had me do everything from take the battery out to reprogramming the phone. Today they told me to take the phone back and get a new one. For the first couple hours the new phone seemed to work fine, now it back to the same old problem again. I have not loaded any software on the phone as a matter of fact I have not done anything to the phone in hopes of figuring out this problem. Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone have any ideas. Any help would be welcome.
    Do you have a ringer assigned for "phone :roaming"
    in the notifications pulldown menu?
    Also "Phone :unknown caller"
  3.    #3  
    Yes I have a ringer assigned. I chose the loudest one possible because I am sure you already know the ring tones are not that loud. I have been testing the phone by calling it from my home phone and as I said in the orginal post about 50% of the time it does ring. I have also had calls come through on unknown numbers. The voicemail thing is interesting because when someone leaves a message and the phone does not alert me as soon as I make an outgoing call and it connects the phone then alerts me I voice mail. But not until the outgoing call has actually connected.
    I am on my second Treo 800w and its doing the same thing my first one did. I have a full signal and phone calls take precidence over data and yet I keep missing calls and not finding oout till at least 2 houra later.

I don't have a home phone so this is very bad.
  5.    #5  
    I feel bad this is happening to you as well but I also am glad to hear I'm not the only one with the problem. Sprint insists it is not a problem with the 800 so if there is anyone else out there with the problem I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks
    I didn't get any ring nor vibrate when calls came in. Then I discovered that, when I made coreplayer the default app for all media files, it messed up my ringer. As soon as I unchecked midi files, I received rings and vibrate.

No clue if this helps, but it solved the problem for me.
    Try to hard reset and do not install any apps and see if your phone will give you the same behavior. If not, install 1 application at the time and check if your phone is giving you the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by tahkuct View Post
    Try to hard reset and do not install any apps and see if your phone will give you the same behavior. If not, install 1 application at the time and check if your phone is giving you the problem
    that is exactly what i am about to do
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Try PMclean to clean out 'stuck' notifications?
    Not sure if it's the same issue, but I've been missing calls. Phone doesn't even register that a call is coming in. No ring, no missed call alert, no little phone icon on the top, nothing. This comes and goes. I replaced the phone and it worked good until I made my first data connection and then it started missing calls again. If it's not an 800w issue, it's a sprint network issue.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I had to hard reset last night after installing something that made the treo mad. Now I'm missing calls. No rings, but I get missed call notifications. Never had any problems before.
    If you have that Revision A box checked I suggest you uncheck it. There is a known issue where the radio can be wiped out (seems to speed up the radio issue). I had mine replaced. Missed calls, not hearing the ringer, going directly to VM are the symptoms. If it persists after a hard reset you will need the phone replaced. Been through this already.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Another soft reset and it's ringing again. I did have that Rev A box checked prior to hard resetting though.
    Here's an interesting thing. I just checked and the Rev A isn't even selected for me and I am missing calls everyday and even now it's starting to be text messages as well. This is getting very old. I don't know what to do. This is my second device.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    If you have that Revision A box checked I suggest you uncheck it. There is a known issue where the radio can be wiped out (seems to speed up the radio issue). I had mine replaced. Missed calls, not hearing the ringer, going directly to VM are the symptoms. If it persists after a hard reset you will need the phone replaced. Been through this already.
    this is maddening. I am missing calls and texts on both handsets. Didn't touch rev a on either. one had treo alerts and core player and I thought that might be the issue but other is completely stock. Both are still doing this after hard resets.

WTF Sprint support is telling me no one else has this problem.
    Dunno how they could be saying no one else has the problem when we are all replacing the phones for this reason. I'm going to get on Palm chat and report how everyone is complaining about this. I think we should all do the same.
    When I bought the 700wx the day it was released I had this same problem. I was told that if the phone I replaced it with was still on the towers would try and send the signal to that phone. Sprint told me to leave the old phone off at least the radio portion of it for about a month so the towers could only send to my new 700wx. I tried it with both phones on and neither would ring if I left a VM both would receive it but I could only listen to it on the active phone (700wx). So It was true after I tuned the old phone off I did not have any more problems. Not sure if this will help you but this was one of my experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemy800w View Post
    When I bought the 700wx the day it was released I had this same problem. I was told that if the phone I replaced it with was still on the towers would try and send the signal to that phone. Sprint told me to leave the old phone off at least the radio portion of it for about a month so the towers could only send to my new 700wx. I tried it with both phones on and neither would ring if I left a VM both would receive it but I could only listen to it on the active phone (700wx). So It was true after I tuned the old phone off I did not have any more problems. Not sure if this will help you but this was one of my experiences.
    Interesting, Now that you mention it I *did* receive a voicemail on my old phone yesterday. I thought WTF? I'll try again with the old phone off. You know I test programs with my 700wx still. I wonder if that's what's causing all of this. hmm.

BTW, when you said you turned the old phone off, did you just set it to flight mode or pull the battery?
    Edit: nevermind, you said "at least the radio portion of it". Need to learn to read.

When I do my testing I have to turn the radio on my old device so that I can see the carrier line text. I wonder if I'm screwing myself by doing that. If the towers keep getting a signal from my old phone it might be holding onto that for longer. ACK!
    Last edited by hannip; 08/12/2008 at 07:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    You have bad phone, just replaced mine for this problem....
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I dont have the missed call problem but sometimes my voicemail notification takes hours to pop up after the voicemail was received.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast