1.    #1  
    Anyone able to get "my location to work", i get a error prompt of "Your handset doesnt seem to be compatible with the My Location (beta) feature".
    Did you goto the menu screen in google maps an select use gps?
    Quote Originally Posted by kjmtreo View Post
    Did you goto the menu screen in google maps an select use gps?
    Yep, you have to pick "use GPS" first...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    as far as i know the my location feature is only for the centro's for rite now
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Yep, you have to pick "use GPS" first...
    yeah i tried clicking on "use GPD" but i get an error message "No GPS receiver found."

Were you able to get "my location" to work?

Edit*
    nm now it works. You have to set GPS setting to search automatically. I had left it on manual...

Thanks for the help!
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Mine works fine. But isn't it just cell phone triangulation unless you have a puck?
    Using a Centro with free ActiveSync at http://www.TheMessageCenter.com
    I have not been able to use GoogleMaps/ LiveSearch today...

is this cause of the cloudy weather? The programs are taking lots of time and at the end nothing happens... they say "getting satellite position"....

I used Livesearch successfully last week and it was able to triangulate my current position...

Just a thought.. is it possible due to weather conditions?

-M
    i used the my location non stop on a small trip. my mapquest deal was wrong, & i just hit my location & it routed me where i needed 2go. in fact it was a lifesaver. do make sure you select the use gps in gmaps. ive had no probs & glad i had it.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    i used the my location non stop on a small trip. my mapquest deal was wrong, & i just hit my location & it routed me where i needed 2go. in fact it was a lifesaver. do make sure you select the use gps in gmaps. ive had no probs & glad i had it.
    So is there a way to get your settings to stick in gmaps? I have to tell it to use GPS every time I load it...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    as far as i know the my location feature is only for the centro's for rite now
    It has worked fine with me....gets my location within feet. Go to Menu and Use GPS. Too bad you can't have it remember that (you need to go to 'Use GPS' every time)
    Does this work, even though you don't have GPS in your account??

I ask because for some reason I can't get live to work, and if its a sprint/service not on my plan thing. I would rather not jack up the prices on my bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by adeon View Post
    Does this work, even though you don't have GPS in your account??

I ask because for some reason I can't get live to work, and if its a sprint/service not on my plan thing. I would rather not jack up the prices on my bill.
    My understanding is that you can use GPS in general with Google Maps and other programs as long as you have an unlimited data plan. ONLY if you want to use Sprint's navigation service do you have to pay an extra monthly fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    So is there a way to get your settings to stick in gmaps? I have to tell it to use GPS every time I load it...
    Yeah, I think that is the only way to do it. You have to tell it each time. Could be so its not on all the time.