Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I'm still new to the 750 side, I had the 600 and 680, but I know that's eventually going away, (palm os) so I thought I better start learning the WM side....

I had some 3rd party apps on the 680 that I wanted to know if there is something similar for the 750....

For example something like:

Zlauncher - comparable? I think its something like SPB Pocket plus?
    Ringo Pro - Is this needed still? Can I use my existing paid one or do I need a new one for the WM platform?

Something to create my own screens and colors like HP Skin Studio? I tried searching but I was not even sure what to type in the search field.... So I guess I would be considered a NEWB to the WM side..
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You certainly don't need Ringo. As for launchers, there are many. If you find you want one, Spb Pocket Plus is popular, but I found it annoying and bloated and ended up doing without.
    The problem with ring-tone management on the WM devices is that Winsleep dismounts the card and therefore the noise files used by the ring-tone management application must be in main memory. Ringo works on the 800W really well, but the additional memory is the problem I have with it.
    I would try to get by as-is for awhile, and don't be anxious to get everything working like you had it with POS.
    Take time to get used to WM.
    Read these forums.
    Learn what your device can do as is. Only install one app at a time, allowing time to make sure it doesn't cause any issues before trying another.
    Like holmes4, I didn't care for Spb. Others just love it.
    But again, give apps trial time.
    I'm thinking about gettng the 750 -- can you tell me of you r expriences sofar with using that device?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    There are lots and lots of threads here on the 750, though as is the nature of such forums, many of them are complaints and problems. I have had my 750 for a year and a half and like it a lot. It does what I ask it to do.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I am still learning to work with the WM platform, coming from several years with the PALM OS, it's different, but that's part of why I joined here. I am definitely happy with everything so far and like how it's more adaptable to other software, etc.

So if I had to say, I would say I'd get it, it's a learning curve for me so far but I would not go back.