Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I had a 680 and just got the 750 recently and I can't figure out how to move over my contacts. My 680 has been destroyed by a 2 yr old who wanted to see if it would hold up after tumbling down 2 flights of stairs and landing on the travertine floor.. The treo lost... I know I could reconfigure the 680 to sync with outlook, but that requires the 680 to work... which mine doesn't...

Any ideas?
    I think this has been brought up often.
    I don't have a link but try searching.
    You have to start by switching from 'Palm Desktop' to Outlook, and then you can sync Outlook with your 750.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    That's the only way I knew of as well, but I can't use the 680 in its current condition (pieces) to try to sync so I was trying to see if there as another way..,
    Don't you have your contacts on your PC in Palm Desktop?
    Quote Originally Posted by whytry View Post
    That's the only way I knew of as well, but I can't use the 680 in its current condition (pieces) to try to sync so I was trying to see if there as another way..,
    Don't you have your contacts on your PC in Palm Desktop?
    Provided you synced with Palm Desktop, here's MS's solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810930
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 08/11/2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: fixed link
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Yeah they are in my palm desktop... I thought I still had to use the treo sync...

This might be exactly what I am looking for!!
    The best way to bring contacts from any phone to another, IMHO, is to sync with Outlook. Cross-platform, same platform, whatever. Keeps the formatting of contacts and generally does the best job.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    That's it!!! THX guys... I was thinking I had to try to put together my box o parts to get it to sync on the phone to computer... this is a great find!!!
    When I migrated from Palm to WM, I exported my contacts from Palm Desktop to a CSV file, then imported them into outlook. Then synced with ActiveSync to my Palm 750.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I tried this is there something I need to do to get the contacts to sync on Active Sync?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Sorry if I did not explain it well, I have moved my contacts into Excel, then saved as CSV file, imported to Outlook express, but will not sync through ActiveSynch
    Why did you do all that? You should just sync the old Treo to Outlook, then sync the new one. No need to import/convert/save to other formats like Excel.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    My 2 yr old destroyed my 680 so I can't sync it. It's in pieces... It lost a battle against 2 flights of stairs and travertine tile....