Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Hello all,
    Just upgraded from the 650 to the 800W and now I am missing all of my text messages because I cant figure out how how to associate a "sound" to incoming texts'. It may be "operator error" since this is my first taste of Mobil 6.1.
    I loved Palm...
    Anyhow, how does one associate a tone to a new SMS. And, how does one send a picture SMS like I did on my 650?

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Go to Settings>Sounds and Notifications. You'll probably have to switch over to the Notifications tab, and then use the pull down menus to select the particular event you want to change (new SMS message, or something to that effect). Then another pull down menu gives you all the sounds to choose from. Choose one, make sure the play sound checkbox is marked, and any vibrate options if you want them (I have it set to vibrate regardless of what position the ringer switch is in), and then hit okay in the top corner.

    You can add your own custom ringtones for this, too. Just drop them into the Windows folder (it's Windows\Rings on WM5, but it seems like it's just Windows on WM6.1). They should then show up in the drop down menu.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
  3. #3  
    As for picture sms (otherwise known as picturemail on Sprint or MMS), you can't do it from the 800w. You could use email or search for sMMS.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses..I still DON'T have sound for SMS. There is NO new SMS or anything referring to SMS or text in the Sounds & Notifications area.

    I checked Settings>Sounds and Notifications>Notifications Tab and in the Event drop down I only show:

    ActiveSync:Begin sync
    ActiveSync:End sync
    Beam: Auto Receive
    Connectios disconnected
    Connections established
    Inbox: New email message
    Phone:Known Caller
    Phone:Missed Call
    Phone:Roaming
    Phone:Unknown Caller
    Phone: Voice mail
    Reminders
    Wireless network detected

    Is there a registry edit I need to do to restore the SMS options? I have been missing all my Text messages and it really Sucks. I need a SOUND or it to Vibrate to alert me of a new Text message.
    I just got home and my wife asked: "Where's the beef? Didn't you get my texts?"

    That is a bummer that they did away with Picture mail or MMS on the 800W. I still have one week to decide if I should keep this bad boy...My 650P has been sitting on my desk for three weeks and the battery is still above 50%!!

    I might jump to the dark side (Iphone 3G)! Or even the Samsung Instinct.

    thanks for the replies!
  5. #5  
    Opera 9.5 beta? Upgrade to the newest build.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8torA320 View Post
    Thanks for the responses..I still DON'T have sound for SMS. There is NO new SMS or anything referring to SMS or text in the Sounds & Notifications area.

    I checked Settings>Sounds and Notifications>Notifications Tab and in the Event drop down I only show:

    ActiveSync:Begin sync
    ActiveSync:End sync
    Beam: Auto Receive
    Connectios disconnected
    Connections established
    Inbox: New email message
    Phone:Known Caller
    Phone:Missed Call
    Phone:Roaming
    Phone:Unknown Caller
    Phone: Voice mail
    Reminders
    Wireless network detected

    Is there a registry edit I need to do to restore the SMS options? I have been missing all my Text messages and it really Sucks. I need a SOUND or it to Vibrate to alert me of a new Text message.
    I just got home and my wife asked: "Where's the beef? Didn't you get my texts?"

    That is a bummer that they did away with Picture mail or MMS on the 800W. I still have one week to decide if I should keep this bad boy...My 650P has been sitting on my desk for three weeks and the battery is still above 50%!!

    I might jump to the dark side (Iphone 3G)! Or even the Samsung Instinct.

    thanks for the replies!
    Looks like you are missing some registry entries. Something must've wiped them out. Do you have a recent backup you can restore?

    Check your registry for this.

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{283E0018-E5C9-44e4-9864-4C4A3DED3BC3}]
    "Options"=dword:00000009
    "Wave"="\\Windows\\Treo Classic.mid"
    "PalmNotify"=dword:00000000
    "Duration"=dword:00000000
    @="Messaging: New Message"
    "VibrateWithRingerOn"=dword:00000000
    "VibrateWithRingerOff"=dword:00000001
    "EventType"=dword:00000002

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Shell\Notifications\{283E0018-E5C9-44E4-9864-4C4A3DED3BC3}]
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Looks like you are missing some registry entries. Something must've wiped them out. Do you have a recent backup you can restore?

    Check your registry for this.

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{283E0018-E5C9-44e4-9864-4C4A3DED3BC3}]
    "Options"=dword:00000009
    "Wave"="\\Windows\\Treo Classic.mid"
    "PalmNotify"=dword:00000000
    "Duration"=dword:00000000
    @="Messaging: New Message"
    "VibrateWithRingerOn"=dword:00000000
    "VibrateWithRingerOff"=dword:00000001
    "EventType"=dword:00000002

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Shell\Notifications\{283E0018-E5C9-44E4-9864-4C4A3DED3BC3}]



    Thanks hannip for the reply,

    You are right...I am missing the above entry..when I navigate to the above location {283E0018-E5C9-44E4-9864-4C4A3DED3BC3} I only see:
    (default)
    3DigitdialingStatus
    3DigittoDisplay
    3DigitToPrepend
    4DigitdialingStatus
    etc.
    etc ..

    I can restore to earlier time, but I will loose all the tweaks and programs i've added to date...

    Hmmm
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8torA320 View Post
    Thanks hannip for the reply,

    You are right...I am missing the above entry..when I navigate to the above location {283E0018-E5C9-44E4-9864-4C4A3DED3BC3} I only see:
    (default)
    3DigitdialingStatus
    3DigittoDisplay
    3DigitToPrepend
    4DigitdialingStatus
    etc.
    etc ..

    I can restore to earlier time, but I will loose all the tweaks and programs i've added to date...

    Hmmm
    Try this script I wrote. You'll need to install MortScript first if you don't have it. Then just run the uzipped script on your device.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  9.    #9  
    Lord hannip!

    You are the BOMB. I can not thank you enough! Now you also have a drink waiting for you in Scottsdale, Arizona.

    You should open a Paypal account. I would gladly make a donation!

    Thanks a million!
  10. #10  
    ah yeah. "Lord hannip". Has a good ring to it.
  11.    #11  
    Lord hannip

    I'm sure this is minor issue for you, however after applying your "fix" I can no longer send any texts.. I get an error stating "Message could not be sent", "Message transfer failed." Any ideas?

    I can receive text, but not send now..

    thanks
  12. #12  
    That's weird. You didn't by chance get your phone reprovisioned recently did you?

    Anyway, dump out your registry using Resco or any other reg editor and send it to hannip AT aol DOT com. I'll compare it to mine and see if there is a registry issue.
  13. #13  
    any similar issues with all notifications? for some reason or another i cannot hear incoming calls, whether known, unknown, roaming or whatever. The phone will show the incoming call but not sound a ringer...what gives?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by barnette View Post
    any similar issues with all notifications? for some reason or another i cannot hear incoming calls, whether known, unknown, roaming or whatever. The phone will show the incoming call but not sound a ringer...what gives?
    Check your ringer volume?
    Check your ringer switch?

    These can get changed while in a pocket or case.
  15. #15  
    yea i wish that was it... but it's not...

    Volume = Max
    Ringer = On

    **Even Alarms will only vibrate...

    any other ideas hannip?
  16. #16  
    Check the Settings>Sounds and Notifications>Notifications area to make sure the Play Sound box is checked for all these events.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
  17. #17  
    LOL! i feel so dumb, i figured it out...

    There are 2 volume settings on the side of the phone, when you turn it up it only turns up the volume of the highlighted column...one looks like the treo and the other looks like a house telephone(I didn't realize you could turn up the other column, just by pressing over...)

    thanks for all suggestions...

    Telephone Icon = ringer output
    Treo looking icon = speaker output
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by barnette View Post
    LOL! i feel so dumb, i figured it out...

    There are 2 volume settings on the side of the phone, when you turn it up it only turns up the volume of the highlighted column...one looks like the treo and the other looks like a house telephone(I didn't realize you could turn up the other column, just by pressing over...)

    thanks for all suggestions...

    Telephone Icon = ringer output
    Treo looking icon = speaker output
    hehe, that's why I said "ringer volume". I wonder how many people get fooled by the 2 volume levels.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8torA320 View Post
    Lord hannip

    I'm sure this is minor issue for you, however after applying your "fix" I can no longer send any texts.. I get an error stating "Message could not be sent", "Message transfer failed." Any ideas?

    I can receive text, but not send now..

    thanks

    Ok, I restored to an earlier working date, applied hannip's "FIX" and everything is working fine now! Thanks hannip.
    I'm guessing I changed a value in the registry by accident or something...

Posting Permissions