1.    #1  
    So I was looking at roll-up keyboards, as seen here. and I was wondering if there are any usb keyboard drivers for this phone in development so I could buy a usb to microusb adapter and use it on my phone?
    The Palm one looks pretty solid and I may have to purchase it. I was told others on this forum have been able to use it with the 800w (the Bluetooth one).
  3.    #4  
    The purpose of the roll up would be A: it will fit in my backpack for classes and B: it is 11 dollars.
    But just because the 800w has a microUSB port does that mean it actually has a USB port?

If thats the case you should be able to hook it to a USB hub and use a 800w with alot of different devices right?

Rodney
    No, you need a USB host port to connect devices to it. It's not possible.
    The stowaway _could_ fit in your pocket. and is an extremely solid keyboard. I used one for about 3 years of school.

I might also recommend SoftMaker TextMaker for notes (outlining and such), student prices are reasonable. I wouldn't go back to school without that combination.
    Ditto on the Softmaker Office. A great tool!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    ^^^ The iGo bt keyboard is solid and very reliable. I use it in situations where I don't want to lug my laptop around.
  9.    #10  
    I was hoping not to have to spend that much.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Comparable BT Keyboards go for $100+, but I got mine when it was on sale for $35 @ Amazon. =\
    its is worth every penny. I paid 85+ on my first one, wore it out and the paid 25 or 35ish late last year...

Before that I went through every other type of keyboard b/c I couldn't swallow the heavy price tag... I wasted soo much money trying to get them to work, returning them, trying something else, etc... with the Stowaway (I guees its iGo now) I connect and go... seriously I use it everywhere - makes working on an airplane doable (I am 6'2" and coach doesn't let me fit in the seat and still see my laptop screen).

I have used it with 3 or 4 different phones/PDAs, pretty much as long as it has BT it works...
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No, you need a USB host port to connect devices to it. It's not possible.
    Yes, it is possible. The Treo 800w does, indeed, have USB OTG which allows it to act as a USB host. It's only full-speed from what I can tell (12 Mb/s raw bandwidth... ) and it can only source 100 mA, but that's enough for you to read your flash drive and/or attach a keyboard/mouse. Now, you need drivers for your device. Flash drives work. That's all I've tested except for my custom hardware (which is why I was doing this in the first place).

You need a micro-USB to mini-USB adapter and then a mini-USB host adapter. I can't post links, yet, so you have to Google for them... look on ebay for them and you will find stores that sell them.

Then, you simply plug your device into the OTG adapter and, yippe, you're in business. Of course, I take no responsibility for you screwing up your phone, USB device or spending money on adapters that don't make your device work

Just passing on the news that I was searching for almost a year to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnguy View Post
    Yes, it is possible. The Treo 800w does, indeed, have USB OTG which allows it to act as a USB host. ...Now, you need drivers for your device
    Question: which devices can you use without a driver, if any? and which common devices do you need a driver for? Which drivers must be loaded, for instance for a keyboard, on the Treo 800w?
    What about reading a flashdrive, did you do it without installing any drivers?
    Can you post a working link for a free set of USB drivers for WM6?
    And how do you install these drivers in WM6? do you install the set first then plug in devices, or do you have to have the devices already plugged in to be queried by the system (as some devices require in Win XP) to load a .inf file?

Info on OTG cables: sold on eBay - ports are: proprietary Treo 800w micro-usb -to- standard female USB plug.

Problem:
    The one I just received from Hong-Kong does not seem to work, I could not use my USB rollup keyboard or read a USB 8GB flashdrive.

My rollup USB keyboard worked right away using an OTG cable (proprietary also) for the PSION Netbook Pro (running WinCE .NET 4.2), without having to install any drivers. Shouldn't this keyboard work as well on the Treo 800w, using the Treo OTG cable?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I read a flash drive with no additional hardware. You do need a USB OTG cable (one with the fifth pin grounded) and not simply an adapter. Check that, first. If all is OK with the cable, either the flash drive is taking too much power, or your phone is not working. I did not try a keyboard so cannot comment on that, but I think some others did and it worked, too. All the drivers are in the phone.
    I think the phone USB port works because it charges and syncs well. Please list the brand & model of flashdrives you have been able to use without installing any drivers?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscotreo View Post
    I think the phone USB port works because it charges and syncs well. Please list the brand & model of flashdrives you have been able to use without installing any drivers?
    Every single one I've tried... your test of the USB port is not conclusive. If the fifth pin is not connected on the cable or inside the phone, you will never switch to host mode. If you plug in your cable and then plug in a USB keyboard, you should see

1) the LEDs on the keyboard flash when you plug it in, and/or
    2) a message on the phone that a driver is needed, and/or
    3) the keyboard will work.

If none of the above are happening, it's the phone or cable that's at fault.

You will get a message asking for the name of the driver if you have a functioning device but no driver.