Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I've been looking all days for a program that will back up the 800w sms. I am looking for a problem that can be set to only do sms. I've tried quite a few and finding out they are unable to backup sms because of the threading palm uses.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance
    What exactly are you trying to do? Sprite backs up your sms. You can also just copy \Windows\PalmMsgV001 wherever you want to back it up.

Now if you are trying to export the text messages that's another story. You can't.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I want to back up text messages
    You could try syncing online with Dashwire.com. It keeps your sms, and has the rather unique feature of allowing you to reply to your sms from the website.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I tried using dashwire and it wouldn't back up my text message for some reason. What I want to do is restore some text messages from a back up file I have from my first treo 800..
    What back-up software you use on the 1st Treo? Just do a selective restore & choose the file PalmMsgV001 where your old SMS are stored. It will overwrite your current SMSes.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    What back-up software you use on the 1st Treo? Just do a selective restore & choose the file PalmMsgV001 where your old SMS are stored. It will overwrite your current SMSes.
    +1 Thats what I do. I have SPBbackup setup to get the PalmMsg file when it backsup