Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have had my 800w for a little over 2 weeks and have found my way around almost all of the bugs and oddities except one. It seems that I randomly lose my ability to get a data connection. It occurs sometimes several times a day and is only resolved by a soft reset. I usually notice this when attempting to access the web using PIE and just get a 'connecting' message indefinitely. I have tried cycling the radio without success.. This is the one thing that has me considering returning the Treo and going back to my Q9C. Any suggestions?
    Already a lengthy thread about it. Seems like an known issue to many owners. Both 800's I had did the same thing.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=169177
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    This seems to be different symptoms than that thread. Those users are experiencing complete loss of signal. In my case I still have full bars and can make and receive voice calls just fine...just can't do anything with data. I had previously read through that thread and tried some of the suggestions (blocking roaming, making a call to get signal back) with no luck.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    Simular but likely different...my issues don't seem to have any lasting impact on the mail accounts. I soft reset and everything is usually back to normal. It is just very annoying to pop open PIE to check something and have to reset the phone before I can proceed.
    i'm experiencing the same problem jclevenger, but probably not quite as frequently. ...i don't know when it happens or what triggers it, it just happens, and then like you I must soft reset to get it functional again...
    It's happened to me three times since I got the phone a week and a half ago. The first time, I lost both phone and data. Soft reboot and could recieve text messages and do nothing else. Soft reboot again and everything worked. Have also lost data twice and had to soft reset.

If it keeps happening, I'm going to exchange the phone.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I ended up hard reseting the phone in preperation to return it. Since hard resetting the issue has disappeared so I am now wondering if it was something I had installed previously but don't now. The only thing I can think of that would have web impact is Weather Bug.