1.    #1  
    Instead of hijacking another thread I will start a new one.

Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    If anyone wants to get rid of the carrier bar and still have the search function follow these instructions on how to use the windows mobile dial pad instead of the palm one.

When you do this your carrier bar will be gone ( no BT, Wifi, or connection buttons either) and you can still search for contacts from the today screen by just typing.

Seems to be working great so far....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=148000
    This worked but still can't get VM alerts...

Basically you can have a 'regular' WM experience with today screen and phone - - but you lose the ability to get Voicemail Alerts, kind of a deal breaker unless you want to dial into VM all the time.

Curious if anyone knows how or has the ability to crack this hack.
    Quote Originally Posted by rododson View Post
    Instead of hijacking another thread I will start a new one.

This worked but still can't get VM alerts...

Basically you can have a 'regular' WM experience with today screen and phone - - but you lose the ability to get Voicemail Alerts, kind of a deal breaker unless you want to dial into VM all the time.

Curious if anyone knows how or has the ability to crack this hack.
    I would love to see this happen as well. I'd love to be able to use all of the cool custom dial pads out there...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.