Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I have been loving my treo 800w, and consider this forum a great asset for solving problems, but I haven't read anything concerning the problem I'm having with my email.

Last week the phone stopped sending emails from my three accounts I have registered to do push email. A synch error comes up saying to check the account info, connection, or the mail server. After checking connection, information etc., still no sending and sparse receiving. I put in a call to tech support and after a call from Sprint's server people a few days later, I was informed that it is a problem with the treo 800w and that nothing could really be done until sprint figured out where the issue is.

Is anyone else going through this? I have not heard from them in 5 days and have no way of calling them to harrass them... Bah! I need my email back!
    What email accounts are you using? I have Gmail, Yahoo, and an ISP setup on my 800w and I haven't had any problems. I als sent an email a little while ago.

Typically when there are problems sending email, it could be a config issue. But if you were able to send before and for reason, were not able to send today, it could be your SMTP server is down. Just try again later. I have seen a email maybe getting corrupt, causing the system to not send any messages. Deleting that email normally resolves it. I hae also seen by just deleting the account on the device & then recreating it would resolve the problem.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    What email accounts are you using? I have Gmail, Yahoo, and an ISP setup on my 800w and I haven't had any problems. I als sent an email a little while ago.

Typically when there are problems sending email, it could be a config issue. But if you were able to send before and for reason, were not able to send today, it could be your SMTP server is down. Just try again later. I have seen a email maybe getting corrupt, causing the system to not send any messages. Deleting that email normally resolves it. I hae also seen by just deleting the account on the device & then recreating it would resolve the problem.
    thanks for the suggestion. I had full emailing capacity for 1 week prior to it cutting off the send function. It has not worked for a week though. I have 2 gmail accounts and an account through a school server. All worked great before and I checked the info, but everything was the same.

I'll try deleting the emails then the accounts, but the implication from the server tech from Sprint was that it was an issue known for the Treo 800w.
    Since you're waiting, you might as well try other possibilities.
    Try rebuilding the email account. My gmail stopped sending, giving the same error you described above and I tried .amy things with no avail.

I rebuilt my account using the same exact settings and it worked.

My theory is that the imap server is doing something quirky and is closing out the data connection before the smtp server gets a chance to send. Just a theory at this point though.
  7.    #7  
    Deleting old emails didn't help, but on the two gmail accounts, they did work after a reset. My other school account now errors with a seperate message stating that emails can't be downloaded to the device, but maybe it will come through with some tinkering.

robber- has the problem with your gmail returned at all?
    No- rebuilding the account with the same settings has worked with no issues.
  9.    #9  
    thanks. hopefully the sprint tech was way wrong!
    Quote Originally Posted by theunionjack View Post
    Deleting old emails didn't help, but on the two gmail accounts, they did work after a reset. My other school account now errors with a seperate message stating that emails can't be downloaded to the device, but maybe it will come through with some tinkering.

robber- has the problem with your gmail returned at all?
    It's not the old emails, it's sometimes a corrupt email in the outbox. If you try deleting that, it may resolve your issues.
    I'm using my Treo again...How can I enable TRUE PUSH email again?? I use one hotmail (Windows Live), one Gmail, and one AOL account. I don't want to have to use the Send/Receive all the time. It drains the battery, and it's annoying.

AT&T XpressMail?? Thank you.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    I'm using my Treo again...How can I enable TRUE PUSH email again?? I use one hotmail (Windows Live), one Gmail, and one AOL account. I don't want to have to use the Send/Receive all the time. It drains the battery, and it's annoying.

AT&T XpressMail?? Thank you.
    For hotmail, goto the start menu then to Programs. Goto Windows Live and then hit the Menu button---->Options---->Sync Schedule and then you'll see Sync Frequency, scroll down to "As Items Arrive" and then thats it. It will push to your 800.. For the others, I'm not sure, I believe if you go into the account and go to tools there's options in there to see it up as push, not sure though.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    It's not the old emails, it's sometimes a corrupt email in the outbox. If you try deleting that, it may resolve your issues.
    I did do that- I mean, I deleted everything, emptied the deleted etc. It did not work. Resetting did though, so apparently it was something that could not be undone to the account once it was done. The odd thing is, it just refuses to recognize my other email account at this point. I don't know why that one won't re-establish the connection, but thanks for all the help on the gmail accounts.

I guess I shouldn't have been stupid enough to think that Sprint's techs would ever get back to me! Just as a point of interest, the woman who called me back when my claim was sent to Sprint's server people told me it was probably useless to even go through the list of generic email fix solutions since, as she claimed, the problem was being viewed by Sprint as a problem with the phone or the phone and their server or something (I don't really remember the exact phrasing, but the implication was that it was their problem and the phones would need a patch or something that could be dl'ed to solve it). Since the rebuild of the email accounts solved it, I don't know how much truth there is to it being a glitch that Sprint will or can fix, but I would be awfully curious to know if anyone has found this to be a recurring issue and how widescale of an error it is.
    This sounds like the exact problem I am having too. I am about to try a complete reset and see if that helps. I never got the contacts to sync properly in outlook anyway.
    i actually have the same exact issue with my gmail account. I have it set up using IMAP and i've done a soft reset and also rebuilt my account a few times using the same settings. this is really frustrating does anyone really know what the main problem is? this was working for me for 2-3 days when i got it now it hasnt worked for over 3 days.
    Gmail... still in beta after all these years & giving IMAP a bad name with their unusual implementation *sigh*.
    Why don't you consolidate those email account to one of your gmail account & just sync from that one account? Isn't that what IMAP & folders structure is for?
    Why not use a real mail application? FlexMail does very well with PUSH IMAP - I have it set with both GMail and Everyone.net and not a problem at all. Email hits the server and is pushed to the phone at the same speed and not unusually before it hits my laptop.
    To the OP,
    I have another thought just now. In my home the network carrier signal isn't good. Sometimes when I tries to download data from the internet to browse or sync email I can watch the data flip-flopped between 3G & HSDPA every 2 or 3 second. Browsing becomes slow or even halts (and this also happen w/ Opera Mini) while the poor Treo is trying to get a steady connection & not downloading data & just heating the battery. Email sync will get connection error. I use GSM w/ treo 750, but the principle is the same for CDMA. Might not your Treo tries to get a signal between EVDO & EVDO Rev A?
    I have had the same problems, I deleted the emails and redid the account settings, then it worked...
    I still have this problem from time-to-time. I have to do a soft reset, then it works for a while, and then it stops sending again. Very frustrating.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast