Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    For hotmail, goto the start menu then to Programs. Goto Windows Live and then hit the Menu button---->Options---->Sync Schedule and then you'll see Sync Frequency, scroll down to "As Items Arrive" and then thats it. It will push to your 800.. For the others, I'm not sure, I believe if you go into the account and go to tools there's options in there to see it up as push, not sure though.
    Thank you, sir! I only need Push for my main account. The rest doesn't matter so much.

I have one more question. Where do I find out as to how exactly Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync works for other phones, such as the iPhone 3G?

Thanks a lot!!
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

im glad im not the only one with this problem. I to had this problem last night and spent 45 minuets with atech and could not resolve it. I tried everything from hard to soft resets and inserting the username and password probsbly 50 times making sure @ put the correct name and password. @ changeed probably every single box that u could check or change inevery combination possible. the tech told me it was probably yahoo end hoever I had no problems signing in on two computers so it had to be the phone. The only thing I did that finally worked was to touch the EV connection disconect it and connect back onto it after few minutes it seemed to work fine and I haven't had a problem yet. Knock on wood. One strange thing that happened during my insanity was whenever it told me to recorrect my passwoed was that it was save a completey different password one that was double in size
    I stopped syncing sent mail and it has worked fine for almost a month. Gmail desktop still shows my sent messages but my treo doesnt. Not having synced items on my treo bothered me for a day and then I forgot about it....
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    this problem is so frustrating after another week of it working yesterday it stopped sending emails. as mentioned here, i recreated my gmail account and it started working again. this happened on my 1st 800w which i returned since it was acting up now this one has had email troubles too. does anyone know exactly why it does it? does something within the email account program get messed up after awhile?
    This is amazing. I must be the only person running FlexMail with GMail, Everyone.net, Fastmail and Yahoo! without a problem. All of them IMAP.
    i used both imap and pop and the problem was the same for both. i'm really not sure what the problem here is but i think it definitely has to do something about the email program being used. somehow it gets corrupted and thats why the only workaround is to recreate the account. hope someone else has another input.
    I have three POP email accounts (everyone.net, optonline.net, secureserver.net) and all have randomly crashed with the same sync error on sending. None have stopped being able to receive though. On some occasions, a soft reset has fixed the issue but 90% of the time; a full rebuild of the account must be done. The issue has occurred at least five times in the past 60 days. Sprint’s “Treo 800w experts”, lol, say it’s a known issue but they don’t have a “known” fix for it yet when I call. (go figure) My buddy who had a Mogul and runs WM 5 upgraded to WM 6.1 has not encountered the problem so it must be isolated to the 800w. It really is getting on my nerves so I hope someone can figure out just what the problem is and soon…
    Blackberry 8700g oem & Treo 800w with SBP Shell, SPB Wallet,Treo Alert 8.2, Skyfire,Pocket Express, Logmein & various Seidio products.
    Quote Originally Posted by somobile View Post
    The issue has occurred at least five times in the past 60 days. Sprint’s “Treo 800w experts”, lol, say it’s a known issue but they don’t have a “known” fix for it yet when I call. (go figure) My buddy who had a Mogul and runs WM 5 upgraded to WM 6.1 has not encountered the problem so it must be isolated to the 800w. It really is getting on my nerves so I hope someone can figure out just what the problem is and soon…
    Good to know.
    somobile, thats pretty interesting. i do hope it gets fixed since i use this device for doing my side business. i love the phone and its features so i cant find myself to return it since i'm still under the 30 day policy. with any new devices, you'll just have to keep resolving issues. i guess the key here is we can resolve it in.
    I also haven't experience any problems due to the device. I use Yahoo (Free one), my ISP, Flashmail.com, and several Gmail accounts. The only time I experienced problems sending mail, was when there were problems with Gmail POP/SMTP several weeks ago. I figured that was the problem, since I couldn't connect on my PC either. I know when I had this problem on my 700wx, there was a problem with an email I sent. After deleting it from the outbox, I ws able to send/receive without any problems.
    So 1 of my 2 everyone.net pop accounts started to act up again today. Would not send for its life. My other account that has the exact same settings but a different email address works fine. I tied using three different outbound servers and still no fix. Once again (the 6th time) I had to delete the account and rebuild it with the same settings. It's working fine right now. Palm doesn't seem to have any ideas either. They say it's a problem with my email settings. THEY ARE NUTS! I know it's not me and the tech at Sprint said they are getting lots of call for the same issue regarding IMAP and POP email accounts on the 800w. Is there anybody out there who can find a fix???? ugh!
    Blackberry 8700g oem & Treo 800w with SBP Shell, SPB Wallet,Treo Alert 8.2, Skyfire,Pocket Express, Logmein & various Seidio products.
    Stop syncing sent messages until Sprint/Palm figures out this is the problem and fixes it.
    Last edited by Les Anderson; 09/12/2008 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Stop syncing sent messages until Sprint figures out this is the problem and fixes it.
    I'm just trying to "send" the email. Not sync it to the server or outlook. I can't send therefore I can't get work done...
    I'm just trying to "send" the email. Not sync it to the server or outlook. I can't send therefore I can't get work done...
    What is your incoming server address?
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    The problem is on the device itself. It tries to store sent messages and then reconcile them in some way which ends up getting corrupt. The only way I know of is to not sync sent messages. I do this by not syncing the imap folder. (I can still send email fromt the device)

This fixes this issue with gmail anyway...
    What is your incoming server address?
    Many people are experiencing issues with POP and IMAP mail accounts randomly crashing upon trying to send an email. Everything has been tried from checking settings to changing settings to resets but the only thing that really seems to work is to rebuild the mail account.

"I have three POP email accounts (everyone.net, optonline.net, secureserver.net) and all have randomly crashed with the same sync error on sending. None have stopped being able to receive though. On some occasions, a soft reset has fixed the issue but 90% of the time; a full rebuild of the account must be done. The issue has occurred at least five times in the past 60 days. Sprint’s “Treo 800w experts”, lol, say it’s a known issue but they don’t have a “known” fix for it yet when I call."

INBOUND:

pop.everyone.net (on two seperate accounts)

pop.secureserver.net (on one account)

mail.optonline.net (on one account)

OUTGOING:

smtp.everyone.net (on two seperate accounts)

smtp.secureserver.net (on one account)

mail.optonline.net (on one account)

All four accounts have experienced the same issue on random occasions. I have laso tried using a working outbound server to replace the outbound in the email account having an error at the time. It did not fix the issue. The cause must lie within the 800w itself or the WM6 software.
    The problem is on the device itself. It tries to store sent messages and then reconcile them in some way which ends up getting corrupt. The only way I know of is to not sync sent messages. I do this by not syncing the imap folder. (I can still send email fromt the device)

This fixes this issue with gmail anyway...

So how do I go about changing that robber? BTW, thanks for the help in advance...!
    So how do I go about changing that robber? BTW, thanks for the help in advance...!
    Since you are using pop, I am not 100% sure. You might want to try to choose and imap account and populate the serving settings with your regular pop settings. Maybe this will give you the ability to manage folders including sent messages- you dont have to really manage them, you just need to trick the treo into thinking that you can. Then choose not to sync sent messages or items. I have no idea if this will work-but it might be worth a try.

If not, then my fix may only work for imap accounts.

You can tell it is a device side issue, as the error message the treo throws occurs before the smtp server is even pinged. For some reason the device doesnt think it is ready to accept email.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I'm also having problems sending email with the built-in email program and POP3.

After configuring a new email account, I can send a few messages, then it stops working. I can delete and re-create the account, and it will work for a short period, then it stops working again.

With the large number of people having problems sending email, it's astounding that the problem has not been acknowledged and fixed.

I'm still in my 30-day return period, but time is running out...
    Someone please try this;

Configure your pop mail as a IMAP account in the treo (i.e. pop server but tell the treo it is an imap account) this will allow you to manage folders on your device.

By default, the treo should not be syncing sent messages or items, DONT change this. (Menu->tools->manage folders) Confirm that it is not syncing sent messages or items while you are at it.

I have reason to believe this will fix our problem.

My basis for this is two fold;

1. Since changing to IMAP and choosing not to sync sent mail I have not had any issues. (IMAP uses SMTP btw so it is exactly the same) I am at 5-6 weeks now which we all know is plenty of time for this bug to rear its head if it is going to.

2. If you really watch what is going on when the error occurs sending mail, it is clear that the error is being triggered on the device side. (i.e. it is not connecting to the server and then erroring out- it doesnt even try to hit the smtp server) so if you can tell the device not to sync sent messages then this error might never occur.

Configured like this the treo will never show anything in the sent mail folder. This is not ideal, but is better than reconfiguring the account every few days.

Again, I had this problem- and no longer do. In addition, I have set up a test account using pop settings within an imap email account (exactly what I have described above) and have gone 4 days with no issues. Not a definite fix at this point but it looks good thus far.

Good luck
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast