1.    #1  
    Anyone know of an app that works like this one on a CDMA network?

http://freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-down...tetracker.html

It lets you send a text message to your phone and returns GPS coordinates of the device....like to have something like that in case I ever lose the phone or it's stolen. Also would like to put something like this on the kids phones, but think I'll just spend the $10 a month for Sprint's service. Just don't want to pay that on my phone (my plan is separate from the rest of the family because I use it for work).

Thanks.
    I would sign up for the Sprint Locator service when the phone is lost/stolen.The one problem is I only turn the gps on when I need it to save the battery.
    Doesn't TEP (Total Equipment Protection) cover lost as well as damaged phones as well? It might be cheaper getting an all in one.

I believe those GPS location services/apps only work if the phone is used. If you happen to drop it somewhere and nobody picks it up to use it, you're SOL.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Doesn't TEP (Total Equipment Protection) cover lost as well as damaged phones as well? It might be cheaper getting an all in one.
    It does, and I have it, but I like catching people who steal my stuff Last guy did a year in prison for stealing my gun. When I called him and told him to bring it back, he did. Moron. I had the cops there waiting.
    I use the sprint locator service on all of my phones - mainly because my two teenagers lose theirs a lot.

I'm pretty sure it works even if you have "911 only" selected for GPS - I know it finds my family phones that don't have true GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    It does, and I have it, but I like catching people who steal my stuff Last guy did a year in prison for stealing my gun. When I called him and told him to bring it back, he did. Moron. I had the cops there waiting.
    Ic. But electronics are usually hard to recover. If it's software recovery, then a hard reset would render it useless. If it's service related, then once Sprint disables the ESN, the user probably won't be able to use it anyways. It will only be good for parts.

Besides, a syollen gun is more of a concern than a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    then once Sprint disables the ESN, the user probably won't be able to use it anyways.
    We already know that the GPS wont work without Sprint Service.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Allows you to send a text message to your phone and either lock it or wipe all info.
    I'm currently working on a freeware application that allows you to request your phone's location at any time, allow the phone to send you notification if it goes out of certain areas during certain times, remote wipe, etc.

It should be ready for testing sometime next month so if there is some interest in this thing I'll make sure to post it up here
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I'm currently working on a freeware application that allows you to request your phone's location at any time, allow the phone to send you notification if it goes out of certain areas during certain times, remote wipe, etc.

It should be ready for testing sometime next month so if there is some interest in this thing I'll make sure to post it up here
    Hmm, interesting, please do post when its up.

Edit: Is this remote wipe thing a deal where I could send the phone a text and it would kill itself? I'd like to backup some work files on this 8gb card I have in the phone in case my office burned down, but there's some sensitive stuff in there so I have been hesitant to carry it around with me. Something like this would be nice so I could kill it all if I lost the phone.
    Last edited by AS329; 08/10/2008 at 12:47 AM.
    Sounds like a promising application, Kasracer.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w