1.    #1  
    Is there a limit to the amount of plugins that you can have for the Today screen. And I just mean plugins on the list of avaliable plugins. not that they are being used. I have a issue where if I install a new program with a plugin my today screen freezes and I have to reset. I found that if I remove a plugin I am then ok and everytime I install a new one I have to remove one. I doint use them akk but every program seems to isntall one. Such as resco explorer , ultimare launcher, SPB Shell , Vtap , Weather Panel etc. there29 polugins on my list and I just had to remove spb weather so that that the plugin would be gone and I can isntall SPB Time which has a plugin. So I seem to only be able to have 29 plugins on the list before it freezes my treo.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Is there a limit to the amount of plugins that you can have for the Today screen. And I just mean plugins on the list of avaliable plugins. not that they are being used. I have a issue where if I install a new program with a plugin my today screen freezes and I have to reset. I found that if I remove a plugin I am then ok and everytime I install a new one I have to remove one. I doint use them akk but every program seems to isntall one. Such as resco explorer , ultimare launcher, SPB Shell , Vtap , Weather Panel etc. there29 polugins on my list and I just had to remove spb weather so that that the plugin would be gone and I can isntall SPB Time which has a plugin. So I seem to only be able to have 29 plugins on the list before it freezes my treo.

Thanks!
    Are all the today plugins checked? I have about 35 plugins, but only 2 are checked (Spb Traveller and Spb Diary), sometimes GPSToday.
  3.    #3  
    No I only use 3 of them. I just installed SPB Backup and it freezes my today screen and my whole device so I have to now restore from a previous backup and remove another program that has a plugin so I can install this one. Driving me crazy.
  4.    #4  
    OK I did a test and I isntalled SPB Backup and after words my today screen is BLank. nothing showing up but didnt freeze . sometimes it freezes and sometimes its just blank. I look at the list of plugins and its still 29. one is missing. I made a list of all 29 before isntalling Backup and after I compared the list and SPB Backup plugin has been added to the list BUT the web search plugin is gone. so it seems if I go passed 29 plugins it has problems. Im not sure what to do. Maybe aregistry edit to increase the amount of plugins allowed ?? possible ?

Any help or suggestions appreciated.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 08/09/2008 at 01:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I think the OS limits the number of plugins that can be installed on the device before it begins to freeze and get screwy. And, I don't think it matters how many are "active." I've read this before from a MS blog, and I also think I read that they intended to increase the number in a latter OS. I've definitely experienced this with various WM devices, including my 800w.
    When this begins to happen, simply uninstall an app with a plugin and the problem should go away until you exceed the number again.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
  6.    #6  
    Yeah I am finding out that is the case. My limit is 29. It freezes if I go over that limit.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    It's a bummer. I love having lots of today plugins on my device. I rotate them often, so I'm not using them all at once, but I can't settle on one configuration.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
  8.    #8  
    the problem I see is that every programn I install has plugins . I dont want the plugin ( Example Pocket QUicken, SPB Shell , Resco Explorer etc) but you can get rrid of the plugin without deleting the program. Is there a way to get rid of plugins without deleting the main program ?