Hello Everyone.

I am a new WM user & a first time Treo owner, I have had my 800w for several weeks & I like it but I have one issue that causes me a problem & im hoping maybe im just missing the fix.

The problem is while im in a call & use the Blue Tooth Headset everytime I put the phone in my pocket or back in the case I always seem to hit one of the Hard Keys & it executes an unwanted function sometimes resulting in ENDING the call.

The Solution I am looking for is some sort of KEYGUARD/HARD BUTTON GUARD that disables more than just the touch screen while in a call.

I am aware of the Keyguard that works perfectly but only when im not on a call & I am aware of the disable touchscreen option but, It's the hard keys I would like to disable temporarily (while on a call & having the phone holstered) & them enable them again if I needed to do a funtion that I cannot use the Blue Tooth headset to do (ie. end the call or answer a call waiting, 3-way call etc.)

I did alot of searching & I only saw regular keyguard & keylock posts, if anyone has any suggestions, an ap I can download or maybe a thread I just overlooked this will make my 800w Experience even better!!

Thanks
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Try hitting the option and endkey while on a call.

I think that will do the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by joems View Post

Thanks Joems, You just made my Saturday! That did keep all buttons from being active, I was able to Unlock everything by Either Holding Option & the EndKey or Option & the Center Button. T

he only thing I would also would like it to do while locked like this is to dim the screen so that it wont drain the battery during long calls. I will try the Dim settings & see if they will automatically dim the screen while this LOCK feature is on.

Thanks again, no more accidental cut offs or all pppppppppppp's in the search screen like im sitting on the keyboard!
    How about turning off the screen during a phone call?
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
    phm screensaver app, assign to side button, works great and free.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterXtreme View Post
    How about turning off the screen during a phone call?
    if your referring to the disable touchscreen feature during the call that won't solve my problem, its the hard keys that is the issue for me. Please elaborate if im misunderstanding what you were trying to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    phm screensaver app, assign to side button, works great and free.
    Thanks, I will have to give it a try. Would you happen to have a link where I can download that app. and will it be a .cab file I install? remember im new to WM but im learning every day!
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    or blackme is also a good program and it also is free.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Wear less tight pants.
    Last edited by NRG; 08/10/2008 at 10:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by joems View Post

Thats gotta be the worst shortkey ever.... on a phone and have to press the end key to make the shortkey work? No thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by jwld View Post
    if your referring to the disable touchscreen feature during the call that won't solve my problem, its the hard keys that is the issue for me. Please elaborate if im misunderstanding what you were trying to say.
    I was actually asking/wondering how to turn off the screen completely while in a call. I could do this with my Mogul and PPC6700... seems like there should be a way on the 800w..
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    Thats gotta be the worst shortkey ever.... on a phone and have to press the end key to make the shortkey work? No thanks...
    It works.