1.    #1  
    How can I send picture mail on my 800W w/o having to go through my e-mail on the phone?
    Even better, 'search'...
    So I just spent about an hour today on the phone with one rep and online chatting with another trying to get my password to my picture mail account. I tried what SomeGuyMMS suggested in this post, but still unable to get access.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=294

I have a SERO plan, with picture mail, but since they say this phone isn't picture mail ready, they won't give me access.

Anyone else figured out a way to get the password? Inputting my number into the "I forgot my password" tool doesn't work. It says my phone number isn't a Sprint phone number. It's just that the phone attached to my phone number isn't considered a picture mail phone for some reason.

I guess I don't understand why this phone wouldn't be considered a picture mail phone.

Thanks for any input.
    First of all, Sprint's picturemail server is down today. They are working on it. I know that because the rep I was chatting to about an unrelated issue told me when he meant to be typing in another window. (Multitasking should be illegal for these jokers.)

The 800w is not considered a picture mail phone because you cannot directly access the picture mail server. You can only email your photos.
    I thought Sprint was going to release a fix for this, this month? Who knows...it's Sprint.
    I honestly don't care if they fix it or not. I can't stand picture mail. Just send me a picture. Don't make me go to the web to see a small version, and don't make someone I'm sending a picture to (who might not even have web access) have to go to the web. Why can't they use real MMS?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Isn't there an option on the mysprint site to have your password texted to your phone? That's how I got mine.
    I also have SERO and have only had WM phones without built-in picture-mail capability.
    I do use sMMS, too, and am pretty pleased with it as a "interim" solution until Sprint releases their own program for WM phones, which I read they were developing.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I know picture mail didnt work on the Mogul.

Will it work on the 800w on the SERO plan?
    It won't work on the 800w no matter what plan you have.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Dang!

Why did Sprint cripple it? Whats up with Sprint crippling it on PDA phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Dang!

Why did Sprint cripple it? Whats up with Sprint crippling it on PDA phones?
    I believe it's only crippled on their windows mobile phones. I also believe I read that they have taken so much heat for this that they plan to fix by this Fall...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I had the same problem when I tried to get my password sent to me from the Picture Mail site. What I did was esn swap to a phone that could send PictureMail and then I called in and had them send me the password. Once I had that I just esn swapped back to my 800w. Worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by natedogg909 View Post
    I had the same problem when I tried to get my password sent to me from the Picture Mail site. What I did was esn swap to a phone that could send PictureMail and then I called in and had them send me the password. Once I had that I just esn swapped back to my 800w. Worked for me.
    Good idea. I'll swap back to my 755p! Does the system recognize the swap right away? It took a couple of days before my 800W showed up on my account, but the phone was active immediately.
    It is active almost right away and they can see it immediately. I once did a swap about 5 times within 2 hrs...I had no problem...hah.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/publiclogin.do

put in your phone number and it will text you your password