Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been gone for a while, being that I got sick and tired of waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more. I've been using a Blackberry for the past 4 months.

However, I'm tired of EDGE-only, and I just did a hard reset of my trust Treo 750, and nothing beats the Treo form factor.

I see contests, releases of pics, and full specs, but where is this thing now??? It's AUGUST, my friends...I played around with a Treo 800w from Sprint today, and boy, the 320x320 sure is nice, along with the fast EVDO Rev. A.

What............is the holdup??? The I'll be getting the Blackberry Bold, which will be 3G, but I'd rather get the Treo 850. We've all been talking about it for what feels like forever now.

I'm ready to buy...NOW. Why are we putting up with this nonsense???

Your thoughts??? Did I miss a halfway reliable release date??
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

It should be out this month or the next. I can't see them giving up too much time to a Bold release.
    this month or next? I'm going to go with Oct/Nov for this thing, if even that.
  4.    #4  
    skfny, I would love to believe that, but I tend to believe gadgetluva. However, why do you think this month or next?? We've been talking about this thing for half a year it seems.

Sprint got TWO beautiful high-speed devices within less than a month...I'll probably get the Treo 800w for 30 days to just try it out.

I'm also going to get the Blackberry Bold, which appears to be rock solid, but I am a Windows Mobile fan, and I continue to love the Treo form factor. Palm is just one big mess these days, isn't it? I don't understand any of this from a business perspective.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Actually, the pain we feel is mostly our own fault.
    Sure, Palm seems to be so slow when it comes to releases.
    But why are we even in eager expectation?
    Isn't it because we browse these forums and get wind of future releases?
    That's when all the pain starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Actually, the pain we feel is mostly our own fault.
    Sure, Palm seems to be so slow when it comes to releases.
    But why are we even in eager expectation?
    Isn't it because we browse these forums and get wind of future releases?
    That's when all the pain starts.
    For me, the excitement is coming from waiting for the device. After I bought it, I found that my excitment keeps diminishing. For example, I waited for the Samsung i780, which introduced in some countries in Asia. When I saw the actual object and tried it for ten minutes, I found that I prefer my existing Treo as the enhancement is not significant enough to make me paying few hundreds dollars.
    I almost pulled the trigger this morning on the Samsung BlackJack II while at the Rogers store for $49.00. It had GPS (ready), 3G, WM 6 and slim.

Read the reviews and compared it to my Treo 650, and indeed the Treo form factor is still the best. I love the touch screen and I was browsing the forum this mornig on it, on EDGE. If my Treo 650 had 3G, I would be happy camper.

I think I will really miss the touch screen if I went with the BlackJack II, esp when using Opera Mini with the virtual mouse.

Just patiently waiting for the Treo 850....
    There has always been a period of about 3 months from the release of a new device before heading over to other carriers. Why should this be any different?
    Part of me wants this thing to come out later on in the year so I can spread out my spending
    I am in Singapore now. Two shoppers told me the Treo 850w will be available next week in Singapore. Not sure whether it is true but they are taking pre-order. The price is around US$650.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    skfny, I would love to believe that, but I tend to believe gadgetluva. However, why do you think this month or next?? We've been talking about this thing for half a year it seems.

Sprint got TWO beautiful high-speed devices within less than a month...I'll probably get the Treo 800w for 30 days to just try it out.

I'm also going to get the Blackberry Bold, which appears to be rock solid, but I am a Windows Mobile fan, and I continue to love the Treo form factor. Palm is just one big mess these days, isn't it? I don't understand any of this from a business perspective.
    Palms History (too bad for all of us) I got three of the Treo 800W's and returned 2. My son kept one (replaced his Touch a) Maybe sprint will surprise us with a Android phone, running Linux and Access releases a driver to run Palm programs and we all win except Palm. We won't see Palm's device till end of April next year. Palm moves so slowly. Look at what HTC has done with the touches!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    I almost pulled the trigger this morning on the Samsung BlackJack II while at the Rogers store for $49.00. It had GPS (ready), 3G, WM 6 and slim.

Read the reviews and compared it to my Treo 650, and indeed the Treo form factor is still the best. I love the touch screen and I was browsing the forum this mornig on it, on EDGE. If my Treo 650 had 3G, I would be happy camper.

I think I will really miss the touch screen if I went with the BlackJack II, esp when using Opera Mini with the virtual mouse.

Just patiently waiting for the Treo 850....
    Blackjack II is a nice device, it reads the micro sd 4 gig cards anyway, the Sprint Ace will only read 2 gig so I am going to return it to Sprint tomorrow and get the Air Rave for my house and business. I will probably will get the Treo Pro as a 2nd phone and replace my motorola Q9c with the android phone in December to tide me over till Palm releases their Nova Palm OS II platform. Hopefully Palm has a winner with the Treo 850 and the Nova devices
    I thought the 800w was a winner till I played with it!
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Feb 2, 2009 in the US.
  14.    #14  
    Should I get the iPhone 3G w/ all the corporate goodies? To hold me over?? lol...I tried a Blackberry, but I have to have 3G. I'm back on the 750 now.

And is this true? Singapore next week, and the U.S. next year? I can't wait that long. I like anticipation, too, but not like this...

i dont know how u compare the 750,800w or 850 to the iphone there is a world of difference, so far my 750 have been the best of the best, in terms of what i use it 4.

i am a heavy texter, so i need a qwerty , and the one in the 800w its much better than d one in the 850.

d iphone its great 4 people who just want to use it for multimedia, but common.. u cant type 3 pages in that sucker...

i love windows mobile, cause u got the summary of your hole day in one screen...

and its always ready to do the tasks, with ease.

i travel around and live in mexico, so i need the gsm.

but 4 heavy text users lik me, we dont want the tinniest phone, we need the best and to be honest i dont know wich i like better the 800w or the 850.

as 4 now im waiting for the 850 to come out and compare it, but ill hope they bring the 800w in gsm.

i dont know if its just me , but thats just the way i feel....

they should have a categoru of smartphones
    with or without qwerty keybords, cause its just another world...

84792]Should I get the iPhone 3G w/ all the corporate goodies? To hold me over?? lol...I tried a Blackberry, but I have to have 3G. I'm back on the 750 now.

And is this true? Singapore next week, and the U.S. next year? I can't wait that long. I like anticipation, too, but not like this...[/QUOTE]
    This week Wednesday or Thursday for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    This week Wednesday or Thursday for sure

this week?? Are you serious??! But there is no way for me to fly to Singapore this year. Can I get it in Chicago?? 650 buck is FINE!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for this for years!!!! cannot wait any more.... palm is d*** too slow!!!! no wonder its stock is dead and cash burning period is only 12 months!!
    Quote Originally Posted by el men View Post

i am a heavy texter, so i need a qwerty , and the one in the 800w its much better than d one in the 850.
    [/QUOTE]

How can you even know that the 850's keyboard is better or worse without using it?
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    How can you even know that the 850's keyboard is better or worse without using it?
    Exactly. Everyone 'assumes' the keyboard will the be same as the Centro.

Centro = low end device
    Treo Pro = high end device

I'm sure Palm won't get cheap with the keyboard.
    I'm a fan of the gel keys on the Centro. Make the keyboard bigger and I think it'll be a winner.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast