1.    #1  
    is it possible to only restore the contacts and calender events after a hard reset using spritebackup? and is it necessary to really do a hard reset if you are using memmaid? thanks
    Last edited by lgrulz; 08/09/2008 at 12:08 AM.
    No, there is no such option I have seen with Sprite. It depends on what the situation is with the device as to whether a hard reset is beneficial or not.

If you wanna restore specific items, either from the desktop or an application such as SPB Backup - they support selective restores.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    it will restore your contacts and calender when you select personal databases not sure what else is included withthat
    Quote Originally Posted by flynvy5 View Post
    it will restore your contacts and calender when you select personal databases not sure what else is included withthat
    I agreee. I've had to restore only contacts and calendars only before. Unfortunately, you cannot select either contacts or appointments. You also cannot select which contact or appointment to restore.
    I just rechecked with Sprite - let me correct myself- the restore options are very limited and yes as stated above, personal databases are supported. If you want a more versatile backup solution, look at SPB Backup.
  6.    #6  
    I will go ahead and load up spb backup i already have it for the touch. i always thought that sprite is better though for some reason. thanks for the advice and will let you know what the turn-out is.
    So where did my installed program database go?
    I had to do a hard reset, then restored using sprite backup. Now when I look to "add/remove" programs, there is nothing there.
    Has anyone upgraded to Version 6.2.2 an had any registration issues from the 800w? I always get a registration fail prompt.
    Is sprite backup that comes with 800w free to use? I thought you had to buy it and I have never tried it. Can any body confirm if it is free or not?
    Its free....it didnt work too well though, I had to perform a hard reset and I tried restoring from it and it didnt work
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Its free....it didnt work too well though, I had to perform a hard reset and I tried restoring from it and it didnt work
    Have anybody else tried to restore from sprite backup and had problems?
    I've restored multiple times from it with no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I've restored multiple times from it with no issues.
    I tried a couple different backups and none of them worked. Maybe just bad luck
    The only difference I can see with the ROM version and the available 6.2 version is that the latest version allows you to create a self restoring executable. Other than that, they function the same. I've performed backups and restores with the ROM version as well as the latest version, successfully. I recently upgraded to the ROM version and I was able to register it. Of course, I already purchased Sprite Backup. I use Sprite Backup on a PPC2003 device. I decided to upgrade, so I purchased an upgrade license with I got the 700wx. Unfortunately, I never really looked at the install CD. I later realized that it came with Sprite Backup as well and we were given a registration license online.