1.    #1  
    So my Pocket Tunes trial is about to expire and I'm looking for a program that will be able to stream audio for free. I can't seem to get the Windows Media player on the 800 to stream music.

To be specific, I'm trying to stream music through beatbasement.com, a site i discovered through pTunes.

It seems that our Media Player can't do anything but play mp3's and regular videos.

No YouTube, no streaming music? Garbage.
    I have Skyfire, so I only go to enladisco.com,it is a Spanish web, with good English music selection
    TCPMP (free and no longer being supported / developed) or it's current (paid and under continued support / development) counterpart Core Player
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  4.    #4  
    gksmithlcw - did you think you can provide me with the cab files?

I searched and got different versions so I am not which one is the newest or which one is the latest beta.
    The stream works with TCPMP as long as the URL is wrapped inside something like an ASX or PLS file. I've attached an ASX version inside the zip file.

To open it with file explorer, you'll have to associate ASX files with TCPMP: In TCPMP, Options, Select Page "File Associations" and check 'Windows Metafiles'.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by soysauce23 View Post
    gksmithlcw - did you think you can provide me with the cab files?

I searched and got different versions so I am not which one is the newest or which one is the latest beta.
    It's too big to attach but it is available over at xda-developers.com and you should be able to find the link here in the forums.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all your help everyone.

Special thanks to g-funk for the asx file!
    check out last.fm (scrobbler) it's pretty nifty if you ask me.
    Here yah go: http://www.mediafire.com/?aj30xwgaeau

That's TCPMP v0.81 with included codecs.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
    -Sri Chinmoy Ghose
  10.    #10  
    Dont mean to grave-dig, but i didnt see a point in making a new post..

..Is there any way to be able to stream the music and turn off the screen to save battery life like pTunes?
    So my Pocket Tunes trial is about to expire and I'm looking for a program that will be able to stream audio for free. I can't seem to get the Windows Media player on the 800 to stream music.

To be specific, I'm trying to stream music through beatbasement.com, a site i discovered through pTunes.

It seems that our Media Player can't do anything but play mp3's and regular videos.

No YouTube, no streaming music? Garbage.
    I like Pocket Tunes as well. I listen to the streamed stations it lists out.

FYI, you can purchase a license for Pocket Tunes Deluxe for about $19, if you select upgrading to WM from Palm OS.
    Dont mean to grave-dig, but i didnt see a point in making a new post..

..Is there any way to be able to stream the music and turn off the screen to save battery life like pTunes?
    In TCPMP, you can go to Options-Settings-"Hot Keys" page and assign "screen on/off" to a button. You can assign any letter on the keyboard. There is a similar option somewhere in the settings for windows media player.

Nowadays I use AE Button Plus to do this. I assign screen on/off to a button (press and hold side) so I can turn off my screen from any application. I mostly use it to turn off the screen while on a call.
    I'm using GSPlayer to stream my favorite stations. The layout looks a little buggy but it opens most audio stream files and is very functional.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post

To open it with file explorer, you'll have to associate ASX files with TCPMP: In TCPMP, Options, Select Page "File Associations" and check 'Windows Metafiles'.
    Thanks for that...I was trying to get some of the old POS links to streams working on this device and kept getting errors...
    Last edited by dslunceford; 08/11/2008 at 11:25 AM.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by Vann View Post
    Here yah go: http://www.mediafire.com/?aj30xwgaeau

That's TCPMP v0.81 with included codecs.
    I downloaded this version, but it crashes every time I launch it