1.    #1  
    Hey just got a replacement device. SBP restore says the ROM on this one is different... it's 1.03 now. What do you have?

Live Search says 2.52908.31943 ...Think that's the older one. Doesn't have wx.

SBP Restore has options for: Normal mode, Rom upgrade mode, and device Upgrade mode?
  2.    #2  
    Normal Mode: If your device does not function correctly after performing a ROM upgrade or device upgrade then restore using the Normal Mode.

ROM Upgrade Mode: Select to restore data after a ROM upgrade (change the permanent software in your device).

Device Upgrade Mode: Select to restore data after a device upgrade (change the device hardware). If you perform a device upgrade we recommend you restore only files that you need the most. All other system files and settings may not necessarily function correctly with the newer device hardware.

Which would you choose?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Stock 800w:

Software Version: TREO800w-1.03-SPNT
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware Version: 116

See if yours is any different in Settings...About...Phone. Seems odd that SPB would flag a different ROM, unless perhaps you backed up after applying the Voice Dial patch, and you're restoring to a phone that hasn't had the patch installed yet. The patch changes some files in /Windows, so perhaps it's picking up on that.

Edit: I have the same live search version on mine; it asked me if I wanted to upgrade and I said no. I've never used it.
  4.    #4  
    My phone info is the same. Didn't do the VD patch yet.

Went ahead w/ ROM upgrade mode... pretty good restore. The theme didn't come back and i don't have call history.
    Mine has always been 1.03 so I doubt it's a new ROM. Something else must be triggering the warning / error.
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Hey just got a replacement device. SBP restore says the ROM on this one is different... it's 1.03 now. What do you have?

Live Search says 2.52908.31943 ...Think that's the older one. Doesn't have wx.

SBP Restore has options for: Normal mode, Rom upgrade mode, and device Upgrade mode?
    Ours is 1.03, but it's probably stating the ROM is different, is probably because Spb notices that it's a different device. Even though it's still an 800w, since it's a replacement device, Spb probably sees a different serial number.

Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Normal Mode: If your device does not function correctly after performing a ROM upgrade or device upgrade then restore using the Normal Mode.

ROM Upgrade Mode: Select to restore data after a ROM upgrade (change the permanent software in your device).

Device Upgrade Mode: Select to restore data after a device upgrade (change the device hardware). If you perform a device upgrade we recommend you restore only files that you need the most. All other system files and settings may not necessarily function correctly with the newer device hardware.

Which would you choose?
    Normal mode, since it states device upgrade, although it's actually a device replacement.