1.    #1  
    Anyone else??? Incoming imap still works fine but smtp has acted up over the past few days. It refuses to send messages and errors out pointing towards network or settings issues.

Any ideas? This worked Wednesday.
    Whoops, never mind. Just realized that "poutlook" is a sms program, making my previous response rather useless.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
    -Sri Chinmoy Ghose
    Quote Originally Posted by Vann View Post
    Whoops, never mind. Just realized that "poutlook" is a sms program, making my previous response rather useless.
    'poutlook' is the WM equivalent of Outlook for the desktop. It handles email and sms (though a hack is required for it to handle sms on the 800w).
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I had the same issues with the Google Apps a few weeks ago but it only lasted about a day. I hear that Google's SMTP servers have issues occasionally. Perhaps give it a day or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    'poutlook' is the WM equivalent of Outlook for the desktop. It handles email and sms (though a hack is required for it to handle sms on the 800w).
    Thanks for clearing that up. At first I assumed it was a typographical error and that he was referring to gmail email problems in outlook (unaware that "poutlook" is portable outlook).

If you're still having email issues, checkout http://community.seven.com/choose.html
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
    -Sri Chinmoy Ghose
    I had the same problem with my email through company website (pop3). I created a new account with exact same settings (just a different XXXXX@company.com), and it works fine, but old one still won't send.

I get the same message about check settings or network problems
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    Happened to me also. I had to go into settings and recheck the "authorization to send" box. After that, mail sent fine.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    I had the same problem with my email through company website (pop3). I created a new account with exact same settings (just a different XXXXX@company.com), and it works fine, but old one still won't send.

I get the same message about check settings or network problems
    This is what I had to do as well. Very weird.

This problem is popping up on a few other forums and different devices.

Next time I am going to watch the status indicator closely- I dont even think that the treo was trying to hit the smtp server. IMAP seemed to do something quirky and kill the entire sync process which triggered the OS to throw the error message. Not sure what this is worth but want to document it as a place to start next time.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Yeah, I made a thread earlier along the same lines. I have three pop3 accounts all of which have stopped send function in the last week (2 gmail, 1 school email). Sprint says it's a known problem with the treo 800w. So far they have offered no explanation or resolution...
  10.    #10  
    I am 99% sure this is not a treo 800w issue and 100% sure that sprint technical support is clueless.
    Happened to me too, created new account and it works again. seems to be some kind of poutlook bug.
    I have a Treo Pro and this same thing (poutlook not working) just happened to me.
    I think this is the problem described in the thread "Email Troubles" below. In a nutshell, on a WM 6.1 device using pocket outlook (all of them) if you have an error during sending then WM 6.1 looks for an alternate smtp server AND then it makes the alternate DEFAULT. Unfortunately if there is no alternate smtp server then you are stuck & cannot send another email EVER.
    The temporary solution:
    1. Delete & recreate the account.
    2. Some registry hack you could find in xda-developer forum or tracyandmatt blog (sorry couldn't post link cause I'm using Opera Mini now).
    3. Use another email client (I think Flexmail for instance is not affected).

Best solution if you insist on using PocketOutlook is wait for WM 6.1.4

PS: Gmail SMTP & Google Apps does have some problem last week.
    I'm posting this registry fix from the other thread for your convenience:

I applied the fix from "buttonboy" of xda-developers and now it seems everything is fine.

Here are the instructions I followed:

1. Add the reg key “Operator” to \\HKLM\System\Inbox\Settings
    2. Add the reg key "OutgoingServer" below Operator key.
    3. Add a registry value (string) to \\HKLM\System\Inbox\Settings\Operator\ and this registry value has the name "OutgoingServer" and it's Value data is "anything" (you can put in any string instead of anything)
    4. Soft reset

After doing this, all the emails left in my SMTP Outbox are arriving at their destination inboxes. For those against messing with the registry settings, there's also a cab file (which I did not try) available here:

http://www.tracyandmatt.co.uk/blogs/...obile-smtp-fix