Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    Okay.. GPS functionality is very spotty on my phone..

It seems I need to swich the Rev A settings on/off off/on to get the radio to reset... but it would only work immediately after radio resetting.. anytime I pick up the phone randomly and enable GPS mode in google map or live search, it would not work... maybe the GPS is stuck in some sort of sleep mode? All GPS settings are factory default... WTF.. without the GPS, this phone is no better than my 755P, for me at least..
    Quote Originally Posted by ywenz View Post
    Okay.. GPS functionality is very spotty on my phone..

It seems I need to swich the Rev A settings on/off off/on to get the radio to reset... but it would only work immediately after radio resetting.. anytime I pick up the phone randomly and enable GPS mode in google map or live search, it would not work... maybe the GPS is stuck in some sort of sleep mode? All GPS settings are factory default... WTF.. without the GPS, this phone is no better than my 755P, for me at least..
    Make sure your phone location privacy is set to "location on" and not to "911 only".
    I had a similar issue. only a hard-reset worked.
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    paig: yeah it's not on 911..

rod: any idea what caused it? was it a 3rd party software? did you reload all the 3rd party software after the hard reset?
    I hd the same problem when I enabled Rev.a in ##EVDO#. So I unchecked the box, turned off the phone radion, then turned in back on and performed a soft reset. GPS was fine after that. I never messed with the ##EVDO# anymore.