1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, long time reader first time poster. I have an odd issue. I like to use my 700 wx as my internet connection when I travel. I travel alot for work. I have been able to get the phone to work but lately it seems to be acting odd. It will give me numerous error messages like no dial tone found, no open portal and then by disconnecting everything and starting over it will workeven though I did it the same every time. But when it does work it's only for about 10 minutes or so and then the phone will lock up and lose the connection at the same time. I have to do a soft reset and retry my connection going thru the same difficulties as above. Its frustrating since I use it for work mostly.

I have contacted Alltel and gotten them to email me the DUN zip file as well as been on palm.com to get that proper software. I have checked 3 times now that everything according to alltel is as it should be. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and files that both palm and alltel tell me I should twice.

I am not a tech wiz so pretend you are explaining this to a 10 year old....wait make that a 5 year old.

Anyone have a clue as to what it is? Oh and yes I've tried 3 different synch cables and have the same issue no matter what. My laptop is a gateway.

Thanks in advance.
    The MSM6500 modems are not good at tethering and holding a data connection (always disconnects), I think the 800w is better at it (it uses MSM6800)
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    The MSM6500 modems are not good at tethering and holding a data connection (always disconnects), I think the 800w is better at it (it uses MSM6800)
    I've had my 700wx hold a "tethered:" connection for 2+ hours and driving from Flagstaff to Phoenix! Also done the same thing from Phoenix to Prescott, Phoenis to Yuma, Phoenix to Tucson. Those are all 2 hour drives on the freeway!

I dunno, but that seems pretty good to me!

I do get a glitch or a lock up every now and then. But it's been nice to me.

Been doing it since last year and everyday Mon thru Fri during the work day.

BTW: Using Vista and the USB cable on the 700wx on the mighty Alltel network.