1.    #1  
    Is there a way to disable the volume or lower the volume when dialing with the dial pad. It is almost embarrassing how loud the dial tones are when making a call in public.
    1) slide ringer switch off when using it
    2) turn down device volume all the way when using it
    3) Changing the following registry value lowers the dial pad tones a little bit

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Phone]
    DTMFTonesGainClass

The original value is 3. Change it to 0.

Edit: Setting it to 0 lowers the dial pad tones a bit, but in call it mutes them. Setting it to 2 lowers the tones, but in call you can still hear them at a low volume. I prefer that setting (2).
    Last edited by hannip; 08/08/2008 at 08:01 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you!
    Hannip, is there a way to maximize the dial pad to cover the whole screen? I am using real vga 96dpi and the dial pad is small
    Where can I get a different dialer skin
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    Hannip, is there a way to maximize the dial pad to cover the whole screen? I am using real vga 96dpi and the dial pad is small
    You can try using a resource hacker to adjust the size of the dial pad dialog window. This file has the dialog and all of the bitmaps used by the dial pad.
    After hacking it copy the file over top of the rom file in \Windows.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Where can I get a different dialer skin
    See this thread.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168875
    Sorry for my ignorance what would be the steps? what is a good resource hacker ?
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance what would be the steps? what is a good resource hacker ?
    google for stuff like "resource hacker" or "resource tuner". download and install to a windows pc. open the unzipped file I posted above using the resource hacker. It will let you go through each of the dialogs and let you resize them. You might need to resize the bitmaps too.

It's not going to be a 5 min job. If you aren't familiar with resource hacking it might be best left up to someone that's done it before. I'm no expert in doing it either. I just know it can be done.
    i am using realvga with 96dpi when i dial a number it does not show up on the today screen like it used to before the realvga. how can i have this back?