Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I searched and didn't see this anywhere else. So I was playing around in the 800w's registry. I came accross

HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General\isMMSSupported = "0"

If you change isMMSSupported = "1" you get all the MMS options like you used to. I know it's probably not but do you think somehow it'd be possible to get MMS to work in the palm threaded messaging programming? Maybe integrate it with some of the other options? Just curious.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I tried this and used the mms address of http://mms.sptintpcs.com/servlets/mms . It seemed to send the message, but gives me an error message of "Service Denied". I think that when you have a Win Mob device that Sprint blocks your access to their mms server. I wish someone could come up with a workaround for this. It looks just like the mms on my 755p, which I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by srievley View Post
    I tried this and used the mms address of http://mms.sptintpcs.com/servlets/mms . It seemed to send the message, but gives me an error message of "Service Denied". I think that when you have a Win Mob device that Sprint blocks your access to their mms server. I wish someone could come up with a workaround for this. It looks just like the mms on my 755p, which I like.
    And that is the one biggie that I don't understand about WinMo devices: why do certain services get blocked, or unable to be utilized? Another one along this line is using Calltones. If you go to your Digital Lounge, there is no option for the WinMo user on here. I had a support person give me a bunch of gobbledygook one time, but it didn't make much sense to me. Seems like the MMS thing is along the same lines: no apparent justifiable reason.
    I remember back when I had my PPC-6700 someone was able to hack the MMS from the XV-6700 and be able to make it work with Sprint's servers.

I don't really use MMS but as I have become more of a texter and using it as a communicaton tool with friend it would be nice to also be abel to play in the MMS game like EVERY other carrier in America does.
    Yep, I found this out as well few days ago. There are some additional MMS options, I got fairly far but that whole "server denied" thing put a quick stop to it.

At first I thought it was detecting the WM device through the UAPref, but changing that didn't yield any better results. I'm assuming somehow it's able to tell that it's a Windows Mobile device, though I'm not sure how.

Someone with the right tools could probably capture the packets that are being sent to the mms servlets address and see if it announces the OS or something, knowing that could help us bypass it.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
    -Sri Chinmoy Ghose
    Just screwing around with these settings isn't likely to get it to work, imo. I am pretty sure they have some more advanced blocking/disabling set up than just a few registry key edits.

Prove me wrong though, please.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w