1.    #1  
    Some of my buttons are unresponsive...especially the right soft key. I can't do a hard reset. Not sure if it's operator error, or device.

There's a set of instructions in another thread, that differ from those in the online manual. I never get the "erase all data" prompt.

Anyone have successful hard resets? How?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    yes. hold the red end button with the battery removed. continue holding it as you insert the battery. take care not to release the button (it may be awkward.) release the button when the palm startup screen indicator bar is about halfway, then wait. eventually, you will see the reset all data message.

if you are unable to get the message with the above insturctions, return the phone!
  3.    #3  
    I've tried releasing the red button at every phase of the splash screen progress. No Luck.

Any chance the Hard Reset won't work because of the reg tweak to change behavior of Red button? Seems like all this should happen before the registry gets read...

Was thinking about just doing a restore w/o a hard reset?

Was also thinking about the device reset application from the 700wx. Palm support guy said that was for WM5.

Seems to be slowly turning into a BRICK! Waking up works for a bit, then unresponsive. Plug it in to the charger, and it's responsive for a while. Then it stops responding. Unplug from the charger and it's responsive...
    Last edited by akenis; 08/07/2008 at 02:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    I've tried releasing the red button at every phase of the splash screen progress. No Luck.
    see above post.

Any chance the Hard Reset won't work because of the reg tweak to change behavior of Red button?
    No, not likely.
    I've hard reset mine by holding the red button down until I get the message, "erase all data". Can you try holding it down that long, or have you already?
    The last couple of times I hard-reset mine I had to try about a dozen times each time to get it to work. For some reason it just does not work everytime.
  7.    #7  
    Yeah...I've tried holding down the button....it just continues on through the splash screen, black, and then green WM 6.1 screen. Tried releasing at all points.
    Yeah...I've tried holding down the button....it just continues on through the splash screen, black, and then green WM 6.1 screen. Tried releasing at all points.

Remove cover.

Push Red Button and keep it pushed down.

Take the battery out. Keep button pushed down.

Put battery in while holding Red button (don't even bother putting the cover on yet, your finger holding the red button might slip).

Keep holding it. DONT RELEASE AT ALL UNTIL YOU SEE THE ERASE ALL DATA SCREEN.

If that doesn't work, eh, return the phone..
    You also have the option of using a soft reset program/function instead of removing the battery - same steps involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by 800w4me View Post

If that doesn't work, eh, return the phone..

YES, return the phone
  11.    #11  
    No joy w/ the "never release the red button" tecnhique either.

At times the buttons seem to be working ok (except the right soft key). Usually it will only respond after either connecting/disconnecting to a charger.

Hope this isn't related to using a little lens cleaner after removing a generic screen protector. I sprayed just a little on trying to get the glue residue off.

But I did do an excellent job of applying the new protector!

Going to sprint this afternoon...
    No joy w/ the "never release the red button" tecnhique either.

At times the buttons seem to be working ok (except the right soft key). Usually it will only respond after either connecting/disconnecting to a charger.

Hope this isn't related to using a little lens cleaner after removing a generic screen protector. I sprayed just a little on trying to get the glue residue off.

But I did do an excellent job of applying the new protector!

Going to sprint this afternoon...
    If these issues cropped up shortly after spraying your device, then I'd say that is quite possibly the cause of the problem. Electronic devices such as these don't like moisture for some reason.....
  13.    #13  
    Well if that amount of moisture caused problems....watch out for a rain drop or two!!

Working on restore w/ new phone.
    Well if that amount of moisture caused problems....watch out for a rain drop or two!!

Working on restore w/ new phone.
    True, but since you were applying it directly to the screen, is it possible it got into the edges and thus worked its way into the device? I don't know, but basic troubleshooting begins with the question, "did anything change" just prior to a fault occuring. If it began to happen right after applying moisture to the screen, then I'd have to wonder if some got into the device? You may of course just be a victim of incredibly horrible timing and it just coincides with your scree spray.