Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CLEAR-SHELL-...713.m153.l1262

They have the silicone and the hard cases, so far.

And, the prices are more reasonable (than "others") for a piece of plastic.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Thanks for the link, Just ordered one. I don't like the silicone cases because they can't slip into your pocket that well. For $6 I'm not expecting to much.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I'm not expecting too much either, but if I'm buying a plastic case I at least want to keep it under $10.00.
    I have a bid in for a silicone case from another ebay vendor, too. That would come to about $6 or $7 (including shipping), too.
    I'd love to buy a nicer Seidio case, but I can't justify paying $30.+ for a plastic case.
    Hopefully someone will come out with a nice thin aluminum and a nice slim leather case in the not too distant future.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    That's what I would like to get but I want it to be more clear. I'm picky. lol
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    They have a smoked version that looks more clear. (I actually am trying to get the clear one swapped from the vendor for the smoked one.)
    Will this scratch the phone? I used to have a seidio clear case and it scratched my old 700p. I ordered a silicon case because of this.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I'll post some pix when I get it. I also just won the silicone case I bid for, so I'll post those, too.
    please post pix and comparison. the seidio innocase looks good, but can't justify spending $30 for a case.
    If anyone stumbles across a plastic case that has a flip cover over the screen, please post. Boxwave has one for the HP 6945 and it is nice. I didn't have to worry about smashing the screen in my pocket. However, based on their plasic cases for previous Treos, it doesn't look promising for the 800w. The old ones had a cutout for the screen with no flip cover. Not very protective.

The one you ordered, xdalaw, looks like it has no cover over the screen. If it has one, let me know.

TIA
    Sharp Zaurus 5700/5800 > Rex 5000/6000 > HP Jornada 568 > Kyo 7135 > T-Mo MDA (Wizard) > iPaq 6945 > Treo 800w > Acer F900 > T-Mo HD2
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjhollin View Post
    If anyone stumbles across a plastic case that has a flip cover over the screen, please post. Boxwave has one for the HP 6945 and it is nice. I didn't have to worry about smashing the screen in my pocket. However, based on their plasic cases for previous Treos, it doesn't look promising for the 800w. The old ones had a cutout for the screen with no flip cover. Not very protective.

The one you ordered, xdalaw, looks like it has no cover over the screen. If it has one, let me know.

TIA
    Hi pjhollin-

I believe it does NOT have a cover over the screen, as you surmised. I'd love one, too, but so far haven't found one. I do use a screen protector, though, so hopefully it offers some protection.
    Did you receive the cases? Would you please post photos as well as your thoughts comparing the two. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ejunk View Post
    Did you receive the cases? Would you please post photos as well as your thoughts comparing the two. Thanks
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=169811