Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Can someone tell me which one is the best bluetooth for my 800w. I want to be able to talk and listen to music. I guess it has to be Equipped with A2DP for streaming music, Please advised

    I was looking at Jabra Bluetooth Headset - BT8040, but not sure
  2. #2  
    The best Bluetooth headset. Well, do you mean money, performance or a mixture? I went with money on mine and ended up with the cheapo at Best Buy. Sound is ok for what little time I have spent using it. It also sounds pretty good on the voice side also.
  3. Bootup's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #3  
    Love my Plantronics 855
  4. #4  
    I don't think the BT8040 supports A2DP. I use the Motorola Rokr S9, which does support A2DP and sounds great!
  5. #5  
    I use the Motorola S9 at the gym and Plantronics Voyager 855 everywhere else, and have had no problems with either one. I prefer the Plantronics since I can use it at work for music without having to connect the second earpiece headset thingy.

    By the way, the Jabra BT8040 is also AD2P, I had that one, too, but had problems keeping it in my ear. It did work well, however, too.
  6. ft5117's Avatar
    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #6  
    I've tried half a dozen stereo bluetooth headsets, but actually purchased the following:

    - Plantronics stereo bluetooth (can't remember the name, retailed for around $75 - $95) sounded good but had annoyingly LOUD beeps everytime you pressed a button on the device
    - the Sony stereo bluetooth (can't remember model number, but it's the cool looking one, displays caller ID, noise cancelling, retailed around $99) had VERY bad call quality, bad battery life, prolly the worst!
    - Philips VOX 340 is THE BEST stereo bluetooth i've ever used. Best call quality, best call audio, best music audio, best battery life, and best PRICE at only $15 (if you can still find them). Minor issues: dated design, still bluetooth 1.0 technology, regular ear buds (not the new foam or rubber "gaskets", somewhat bulky device housing, and unique charging plug.
    Last edited by ft5117; 08/07/2008 at 02:02 PM. Reason: got the first and second mixed up.
  7. #7  
    Personally, I love the Jabra BT8010 - I can use it as a mono headset in the car, and add the other earpiece for when I'm biking or running.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  8. #8  
    These look a little weird but have a good review from cnet.com

    http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/e...-32180001.html
  9. IsYet's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #9  
    I have both the Plantronics 855 and the Jabra BT-8040.
    Both work great as A2DP and as a phone headset.

    I really like the 855 but it wasn't really loud enough and I had trouble keeping it in my ear.
    I also don't like the big ear loop with the stereo attachment.
    I do like the on-earpiece pause/play button though.
    It works ok with Voice Command.

    The Jabra BT-8040 has better voice quality and is a little bit louder.
    It's smaller and is more 'pocketable'.
    It has better noise suppression.
    It does not have an on-earpiece pause/play button.
    I haven't tried Voice Command with this device yet.

    Both devices work well with the 800w but the 855 requires a restart to reconnect if I've gotten it out of range from the 800w. The BT-8040 does not, it reconnects on its own.

    Both use a mini-usb so I can use the same iGo charger tip for the headset and the 800w (thank you Palm).

    Summary
    Both work very well but the Jabra BT-8040 is a little louder, eaiser to carry, and has been a better phone headset.
  10. haus's Avatar
    Posts
    235 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #10  
    I row (not on water) with the Motorola S9 and I'm on my 3rd warranty replacement in 5 months. I strongly recommend something - anything - else. The idea is great, but they do not hold up well to athletic use IMHO (though that's probably not important to OP). There's a huge thread over on HoFo about S9 failures.
  11. #11  
    I have around 9 different headsets but my (current) fave is the Jabra BT8010. It fully supports audo and voice, has built in LCD for caller display, you can upload contacts (limited to 20) via usb (unfortunately via proprietary cable), has a built in equalizer and, has an second detachable earpiece that allows you to listen in stereo. with approximately 9 hours of battery life and 200 hour standby, it has proven itself superior to others (IMHO).
  12. kaivorb's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #12  
    I tried the BT8010's with my 700P and loved the idea of them, but couldn't get the sound out of them I wanted. And by sound, I mean "music" and not "voice". I could talk fine, but my tunes sounded hollow. I just chalked it up to the fact that BT headphones don't fit well enough to provide a solid sound environment.

    Enter the Jabra BT3030. My new favorite bluetooth device. This is essentially a bluetooth dongle that you plug any pair of your own headphones into. It has a mic built into it and controls for music on it too. It is super lightweight and works wonders. I love it. I can use my "nice" headphones with bluetooth now.

    I couldn't ask for them to work better either. The range is great. I plug my phone in to charge on my computer and then can walk around my classroom (I'm a teacher) listening to the BT'ed music. No issues at all. Very impressive.

    I picked them up on Amazon for $45, but the price has shot up in just a few days ($58). Well worth it though.

    http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-BT3030-B...bosnation0e-20

    They are my hands down recommendation. I had given up on BT music until I saw this.

    K--
  13. Bootup's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsYet View Post
    I have both the Plantronics 855 and the Jabra BT-8040.
    Both work great as A2DP and as a phone headset.

    I really like the 855 but it wasn't really loud enough and I had trouble keeping it in my ear.
    I also don't like the big ear loop with the stereo attachment.
    I do like the on-earpiece pause/play button though.
    It works ok with Voice Command.

    The Jabra BT-8040 has better voice quality and is a little bit louder.
    It's smaller and is more 'pocketable'.
    It has better noise suppression.
    It does not have an on-earpiece pause/play button.
    I haven't tried Voice Command with this device yet.

    Both devices work well with the 800w but the 855 requires a restart to reconnect if I've gotten it out of range from the 800w. The BT-8040 does not, it reconnects on its own.

    Both use a mini-usb so I can use the same iGo charger tip for the headset and the 800w (thank you Palm).

    Summary
    Both work very well but the Jabra BT-8040 is a little louder, eaiser to carry, and has been a better phone headset.
    you sure you didnt' mix up the headsets? I had the exact opposite on both sides. I bought the 855 cause of all the problems i had with the 8040 (fit, volume, music)
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post
    I tried the BT8010's with my 700P and loved the idea of them, but couldn't get the sound out of them I wanted. And by sound, I mean "music" and not "voice". I could talk fine, but my tunes sounded hollow. I just chalked it up to the fact that BT headphones don't fit well enough to provide a solid sound environment.

    Enter the Jabra BT3030. My new favorite bluetooth device. This is essentially a bluetooth dongle that you plug any pair of your own headphones into. It has a mic built into it and controls for music on it too. It is super lightweight and works wonders. I love it. I can use my "nice" headphones with bluetooth now.

    I couldn't ask for them to work better either. The range is great. I plug my phone in to charge on my computer and then can walk around my classroom (I'm a teacher) listening to the BT'ed music. No issues at all. Very impressive.

    I picked them up on Amazon for $45, but the price has shot up in just a few days ($58). Well worth it though.

    http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-BT3030-B...bosnation0e-20

    They are my hands down recommendation. I had given up on BT music until I saw this.

    K--
    The Jabra BT3030 looks good. The Motorola S9's are great, but the only cons I have are...
    1. Hard to lie down with your head on a pillow with them on
    2. Hard to figure out the buttons, since they're small and you can't see them.
    3. Awkard with having sunglasses on.

    So is the charger a regular charger or a MiniUSB charger, like their other BT headsets?

    EDIT: I was doing a google search and saw a pic of the BT3030 at NewEgg. It looks like a MiniUSB connection, which I'm assuming is for charging.



    I just wonder how they handle to sweat.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 08/08/2008 at 02:09 AM.
  15. #15  
    I'm using Jabra BT8030, it's a bit bulky but it streams an excellent audio, and the calls are very clear, if you stay within the range of 30' feet.

    Treo 300 + 600 + 650 = 800w

    http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/jab...-32752017.html

  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Personally, I love the Jabra BT8010 - I can use it as a mono headset in the car, and add the other earpiece for when I'm biking or running.
    I'm also using the BT8010. Works great for me, good stereo sound and calling quality. Even works great in my very noisy old pickup truck. Easy to use and the internal phone book is handy. The Treo 800w is my first bluetooth phone and this is my first bluetooth headset. I read several reviews about it before buying. Got it for $39.99 on ebay.
    Last edited by NicksGarage; 08/24/2008 at 12:22 PM.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgifted1 View Post
    I have around 9 different headsets but my (current) fave is the Jabra BT8010. It fully supports audo and voice, has built in LCD for caller display, you can upload contacts (limited to 20) via usb (unfortunately via proprietary cable), has a built in equalizer and, has an second detachable earpiece that allows you to listen in stereo. with approximately 9 hours of battery life and 200 hour standby, it has proven itself superior to others (IMHO).
    I concur with your comments on the Bt8010. I have the 855 and the BT8040 as well and both of them have low volume even with the volume control set to highest levels on the devices. I really like the features of the Bt8010 .
  18. #18  
    I just exchanged my 8040 for a plantronics 855 today and I am very impressed so far in the call difference and the comfort. If you like/are used to an in-ear bud headphone set you will love the 855. It fits perfectly in my ear and even is more secure without the ear loop.

    Call quality also is 100% better. The 8040 would "go in/out" as I spoke and the caller spoke... Plantronics is a constant stream of voice.
  19. #19  
    i wasnt a big fan of my blueant z9 when i had my 755p.
    i later found out the phone just sucked horribly with any bluetooth headset.
    i now have the 800w and it is so awesome, the 2 stages of noise cancelation is unbelievable, and people can hear me now. i am soo happy
  20. #20  
    any suggestions between the jabra bt3030 and s9? I like the hands free use of the s9, but don't like the idea of the support around the head. bt3030 looks good, but having to carry the tag might be an issue. i do like the other stereo headsets, but looks too funky. just need it mostly for music and some talk. is the s9 stereo during a call?
    Last edited by slow_boy; 08/19/2008 at 07:23 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions