Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    They have the screen and full body available now.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    just ordered 1.

now ive gotta pull this dang verizon screen protector off lol
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I would think that this would change the "Soft touch" feel of the device to more of a smooth plastic type feel. Right?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    how are the shield compared to the silicone cases? how are zagg's compared to bodyguard? i want something durable, but not too thick.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Anyone know how the Seidio screen protectors compare to the Zagg ones?

I know that the protectors on the TC.com store have a dull finish with is anti glare and the stylus glides on them nicely. Are these ones 'tacky' like the Best Skins Ever?
    Kash76

The Invisible Shield from Zagg is THE BEST. I have had one on my last 3 devices and would never use another brand.
    I always use Invisible Shield. iPod Touch to treo to camera. I like em.

full body protector isnt necessary with the soft feel.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    The Invisible Shield from Zagg is THE BEST. I have had one on my last 3 devices and would never use another brand.

What's the feel of the screen protector with a stylus?

Can you remove it and add it again if I end up in a warranty situation?
    Kash76

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
    Can you remove it and add it again if I end up in a warranty situation?
    I just read this in their faq: supposedly you remove the protector, send it back to them (since it can't be re-used), send your device in for repair, then they ship you a new protector which you reapply to your device when you get it (or a refurb?) back. Technically their language says it's guaranteed for the lifetime of the device...so I'm not sure what happens if you get a refurb back. If anyone has gone through that process it'd be great to hear how it went. My impression is that as long as you own an 800w, they'll keep replacing it for you as long as you keep sending the old one back.

This protector looks very interesting. One concern I have is that the 800w battery cover is insanely hard to remove. Every time I do it I think I'm going to snap the tabs off. I wonder if whatever piece sticks to the battery door would basically rub off after one or two battery-removal soft-resets.

For the folks that get these soon, let us know how it goes!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I have owned several of their products and will most probably order this one. I must say that their warranty program is second to none. They send you a new one and you send your old one back to them. It really couldn't be any easier.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedback!

Can someone answer the question of what the surface is like with a stylus? Some I have used are "tacky" when using the stylus.

Thanks
    Kash76

Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Yes they are "tacky" feeling compared to a anti-glare/clear protector like Boxwave or Seidio. They also are not as clear. Those are the main reasons I never use Zagg/Body Skinz/BestSkinsEver. They are all made from the same material.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I will have to agree that the stylus doesn't move quite as freely across the screen with this product. I recently had one on my Axim X50v pda. That was its only drawback. Shoot, the flimsy oem stylus barely moves across the 800w screen to begin with. I wonder how much worse it will be with this? I would imagine that the stylus from Seidio would perform much better although still annoying to some.
    I just ordered one. If anyone is interested, use discount code ctfssk for 20% off. I found it online, and it never expires. I have one of these on my Instinct and it works very well. I'm a little paranoid, and use it in conjunction with my silicone case .
    Thanks for that, wildrage! Just ordered mine.
    Shipping is a rip off if you go with anything but the 1-2 week delivery. Ouch.
    When they say 1-2 week delivery, they mean it. I've ordered about three shields from them before and each time it took at least a week to receive the product. Those of you who are ordering from them for the first time, just be patient with the shipping. It'll get there... eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    I just read this in their faq: supposedly you remove the protector, send it back to them (since it can't be re-used), send your device in for repair, then they ship you a new protector which you reapply to your device when you get it (or a refurb?) back. Technically their language says it's guaranteed for the lifetime of the device...so I'm not sure what happens if you get a refurb back. If anyone has gone through that process it'd be great to hear how it went. My impression is that as long as you own an 800w, they'll keep replacing it for you as long as you keep sending the old one back.

This protector looks very interesting. One concern I have is that the 800w battery cover is insanely hard to remove. Every time I do it I think I'm going to snap the tabs off. I wonder if whatever piece sticks to the battery door would basically rub off after one or two battery-removal soft-resets.

For the folks that get these soon, let us know how it goes!

You need to get a soft reset application so you no longer need to remove the battery cover. I installed one called Soft Reset. Its free and you can find it on the first or second page of the Tweaks and Registry edits sticky posting above. It is definitely worth the time it takes to download and install (30 seconds).
    They ship via first class mail. The site itself says that they typically ship the same day. I don't know about your experiences, but I got the one for my Instinct in 3-4 days from when I placed my order.

Installing a soft reset app is definately a must. I don't know about the shield wearing off, but I like to avoid pulling the battery cover off when I can...always afraid I'll rip the tab off.
    Does the Invisible Shield get yellow after awhile like the Bestskins do?

Tae
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast