Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    Ok I have a serious problem with this phone. I bought a treo 800w a couple weeks ago and it would randomly in areas where I normaly have full reception like my house it would go to no service. I had the phone replaced just a couple days ago and this morning I woke up and my phone had no service again. If I restert the phone it comes back up and has service but this is a problem when someone calls me and I don't notice it.
  2. #2  
    Wow, good comment. I don't get very good reception where I live, and I thought that the "no service' sign was just a difference in programmming for the 800W; but now that I think of it, I had never received the "no service" notice before. I have to soft reset to get signal back.
    Life is a carnival, believe it or not,
    Life is a carnival, two bits a shot
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1oddmanout View Post
    Wow, good comment. I don't get very good reception where I live, and I thought that the "no service' sign was just a difference in programmming for the 800W; but now that I think of it, I had never received the "no service" notice before. I have to soft reset to get signal back.
    Ya it definatelly has nothing to do with the fact that there is no reception cause when I do a soft reset and it comes back on it usually goes back up to full reception.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1oddmanout View Post
    Wow, good comment. I don't get very good reception where I live, and I thought that the "no service' sign was just a difference in programmming for the 800W; but now that I think of it, I had never received the "no service" notice before. I have to soft reset to get signal back.
    Hey what applications do you have on your phone. I'm trying to figure out if maybe a application is causing it.
  5. xdalaw's Avatar
    Posts
    583 Posts
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    #5  
    This has been reported before. Seems to be an odd and common quirk of the 800w. A soft reset will restore service, but this really shouldn't be happening.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
  6. #6  
    I have noticed a fluctuation in both the service and signal. Periodically, I notice that the data service drops from EVDO to 1X I my area. When I called Sprint they told me they did not have EVDO here (SoCal), but it was working fine with my 700wx for several years. Unforunately, Sprint does not update their service maps (or their employees) on signal strength or availability. I think the 800 may be more accurate at reporting signal loss (versus the 650, and 700w. I also agree that the only way to recover from the lost signal bug is to softt reset or, sign off the data network and log back in. You can also turn off roaming and that will keep the Sprint signal from getting stepped on (overridden) by other carrier's signals in your area that may be stronger if that is contributing to your problem.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgifted1 View Post
    I have noticed a fluctuation in both the service and signal. Periodically, I notice that the data service drops from EVDO to 1X I my area. When I called Sprint they told me they did not have EVDO here (SoCal), but it was working fine with my 700wx for several years. Unforunately, Sprint does not update their service maps (or their employees) on signal strength or availability. I think the 800 may be more accurate at reporting signal loss (versus the 650, and 700w. I also agree that the only way to recover from the lost signal bug is to softt reset or, sign off the data network and log back in. You can also turn off roaming and that will keep the Sprint signal from getting stepped on (overridden) by other carrier's signals in your area that may be stronger if that is contributing to your problem.
    I will disable roaming and see if that prevents it from happening.
  8. #8  
    I hate it when that happens, sometimes I've had to restart 3 or 4 times before I get any signal. Usually I walk in the other room and all the other sprint phones have signal yet mine does not.
  9. mrkalel's Avatar
    Posts
    739 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #9  
    I had that problem, just replaced the phone....
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  10. #10  
    It maybe a Sprint issue than a device issue, since I've seen it happen on my 700wx more frequent than on my 800w. Strangely, it doesn't happen in the same areas. I wonder if they do a system reboot on their antennas or something.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    It maybe a Sprint issue than a device issue, since I've seen it happen on my 700wx more frequent than on my 800w. Strangely, it doesn't happen in the same areas. I wonder if they do a system reboot on their antennas or something.
    Well I had a centro prior to this phone and never had this happen on it.
  12. #12  
    Maybe upgrading their system/towers?
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 08/07/2008 at 10:01 AM.
  13. samboy's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #13  
    Actually, I had this issue this morning. All I had to do was try to place a call, and the signal strength magically reappeared. Try that next time and report back if it works.
  14. #14  
    my 1st 800w had that problem but i never really thought anything of it till this thread came up. my current 800 i havent experienced this at all. for me it wasnt a 3rd party app. i backed up my original 800 and then restored the backup on my current 1 lol
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
  15. #15  
    I live in Atlanta Georgia, i was making a draft for my speech class, and when i saw my phone i had no signal, when i got to i had sprint 1xx 1 minute later sprint evdo? I called cs and they said my phone was fine.
    2 hours later I had the same problem and a soft reset fixed the problem.
    Anyone knows a way to fix this?
    I do not want to change my phone, because i will receive a refurbished one
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dgifted1 View Post
    Unforunately, Sprint does not update their service maps (or their employees) on signal strength or availability.
    ROFL
    Life is a carnival, believe it or not,
    Life is a carnival, two bits a shot
  17. #17  
    I was in the hospital yesterday and my phone was going in and out of service. When I got outside it was fine. It seemed liked it couldn't make up it's mind. I knew there was a reason to have WiFi though.
  18. #18  
    I have noticed it too ... usually randomly after a soft-restart, it'll come up with No Service. Another soft-restart will fix it.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
    I was in the hospital yesterday and my phone was going in and out of service. When I got outside it was fine. It seemed liked it couldn't make up it's mind. I knew there was a reason to have WiFi though.
    I'm pretty positive most hospitals take measures to block cell phones since they can interfere with "things" like pacemakers, etc (even thought that appears to be false now)

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I'm pretty positive most hospitals take measures to block cell phones since they can interfere with "things" like pacemakers, etc (even thought that appears to be false now)
    Actually, the last two hospitals I've been to have not had 'no cellphone' policies (and one of them most definitely used to) so I think the times are a changin' with the whole no cells in hospitals situation.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions