Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I don't know what the etiquette is for this since I found it over at PPCGeeks, but I thought it was worth checking out. This guy created a pretty cool looking "slider launcher" for the 800W.

It isn't really "like" anything else, but it is definitely cool. If I wasn't already a dedicated UL-head, I'd be all over it.

Anyway, worth taking a peek at it.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=34021

K--

(I hope its alright to make a thread directing others to another forum, but I didn't want people here to miss out on this program. It just looks cool)
    It looks nice and it also looks very, very busy. Too many steps to reach nowhere.
    Tempting, I'm not sure if I can bring myself to use it or not. I'm planning to hard-reset to clear all the crap off it my device that I've tested out so maybe I will try it out before then.
    what program uses this functionality, but still works with wm 6.1? I'd be interested in a slide up and down feature for using things such as IE and other programs where scrolled can be used. any suggestions for that? thx
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    what program uses this functionality, but still works with wm 6.1? I'd be interested in a slide up and down feature for using things such as IE and other programs where scrolled can be used. any suggestions for that? thx
    Is something like this what you are looking for??...
    http://www.touch-commander.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    hmm.. that looks interesting. i like the idea of scrolling using your finger. i could care less about all the other stuff trying to make it look like an iphone tho. ill keep my eye out. thanks.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    I just tried installing Touch-Commander. First, I must admit that I didn't give it much of a chance - I only used it for about 5-10 minutes before uninstalling. Hopefully someone will try to give it a more thorough trial.

The product installed with no issues ... the files are large, and the install took a while, but completed successfully. The problem I ran into is that it appeared to dramatically slow down my 800w. Even after turning it off (unchecking its entry on the Today screen), and turning UltimateLaunch back on, my 800w continued to run slow until I uninstalled it (I did not try a soft reset, just went right for the uninstall ... I did however do a soft reset before uninstalling, just to make sure there wasn't some other running program that just needed to be cleared out to improve performance).

I also couldn't figure out how to get the iPhone-like interface working ... the default interface only took up half my screen, and the icons were tiny. The default interface was the only option available on the settings screen, even though my install supposedly included the iPhone-like interface as well. Clicking on the option to find other themes, took me right from the program to their web site ... and when downloading another theme, I had no idea where to put it (it must need to go somewhere specific, because they don't offer the ability to specify a file location when selecting themes). I am sure this could have been fixed if I had more patience (with the Treo running so slow, navigating through the settings screens was painful).

I really like what I saw on their website ... even better than UL ... I'm hoping someone else will give this a more thorough try (I'm not feeling much like being a trailblazer).
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I can see using somethng like that for the touch, but I don't see the point when the treo have great one hand usability already.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Levman View Post
    I also couldn't figure out how to get the iPhone-like interface working ...
    My bad on this one ... I just discovered that the skin files which can be downloaded from their web site, download as CAB files. So this one should be easily fixed, just by executing the CAB file.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have been using UL for quite sometime and love it. I gave the stuff on ppcgeeks.com a try and it really is basically the same thing just a little more tweakable. I am liking it so far though. You do have to map some basic stuff like you loose the ability to turn the screen off with the end key, so gotta make a button for that. Other than that I haven't had any problems or hang ups with it. It can be made to look really clean, I think the guy just made it so busy to show you all that you can do.
    Hrm...what will this button do.
    Touch Commander is horrible for this device. The menus don't fit, the scrolling doesn't work with certain today plugins, and some of my plugins just wouldn't work at all until it was uninstalled.