Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    when previewing the sounds in the start, settings, sounds&notifications, the volume of the sounds is great! however when you apply them to a ringer, voicemail alert, email alert, etc., they are MUCH softer when they are being used. has this been fixed/hacked?
    Quote Originally Posted by though View Post
    when previewing the sounds in the start, settings, sounds&notifications, the volume of the sounds is great! however when you apply them to a ringer, voicemail alert, email alert, etc., they are MUCH softer when they are being used. has this been fixed/hacked?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...me#post1475293
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    I can tell you right now that's not a proper fix for this issue. I have an MP3 ringtone and all this does is severely distort the sound.

Most "stock" ringtones on the 800w are MIDIs which would explain why they do not get distorted.

I'm not sure if others have this problem as well, but I'll try again and see.
    I did the volume hack to 3 from 2 and most of my mp3 ringers sound great. I notice wav tones sound better for texts messages and voicemail. It sucks that we have to deal with it but it is what it is. It's not a issue for me anymore but would be nice if it was fixed.
    Really? I'll try resetting my phone and see if it's better.

Thanks for the tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vann View Post
    I can tell you right now that's not a proper fix for this issue. I have an MP3 ringtone and all this does is severely distort the sound.

Most "stock" ringtones on the 800w are MIDIs which would explain why they do not get distorted.

I'm not sure if others have this problem as well, but I'll try again and see.

I did this tweak, and it really distorts the MP3 file I use as a ringer. Therefore, I turned the volume down to 3, to get it about perfect. However, other programs like Media Player, Sprint TV, force me to turn the volume up. If I forget to turn the volume level back down when I'm done, the volume on the ringer is max out again and distorted.
    Yeah that sounds like my problem right there, only I didn't lower the phone volume. Kind of aggravating that there's such a seemingly moronic problem with this awesome phone.

The only reasoning I could think of is that perhaps the ringer is so low so it doesn't disturb others or something seeing as this phone is targeted at business users... but even then that's a pretty damn big stretch of logic.

Ugh. Ah well. Thanks for the phone volume tip. I suppose I'll just set it to 3 and remember to adjust the phone volume properly. =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Vann View Post
    Yeah that sounds like my problem right there, only I didn't lower the phone volume. Kind of aggravating that there's such a seemingly moronic problem with this awesome phone.

The only reasoning I could think of is that perhaps the ringer is so low so it doesn't disturb others or something seeing as this phone is targeted at business users... but even then that's a pretty damn big stretch of logic.

Ugh. Ah well. Thanks for the phone volume tip. I suppose I'll just set it to 3 and remember to adjust the phone volume properly. =D
    I left the regit fix set at 5, and just left the actual volume rocker switch on the side set to 3. Seems to be perfect for me, but again...doesn't fix anything but the ringer volume, other programs require you to turn up the volume. If you leave it up, it cranks up the ringer volume as well.
    Hmm sounds sort of annoying. The phone is usually close to me so I can live with the relatively low ringer volume for now. When I'm out and about though I usually don't notice until I pull out and phone and see a bunch of missed calls notices. Also I believe the "vibrate" option only vibrates the phone once.

Some lame let downs on the whole call notification end. Hopefully it'll get sorted out properly eventually. Hopefully...
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmopilot View Post
    I left the regit fix set at 5, and just left the actual volume rocker switch on the side set to 3. Seems to be perfect for me, but again...doesn't fix anything but the ringer volume, other programs require you to turn up the volume. If you leave it up, it cranks up the ringer volume as well.
    same here, but at least now i can have it in my pocket and hear it when it rings.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    this is GREAT. any way to make it work with other notifications...... email alert, sms, etc???????

thanks!