1.    #1  
    For any other golfers out there. I just found this. It is absolutely free. There are a limited number of courses, but you can map any course you play in about 10 minutes and load the file to your phone.
    Link ?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Google is your friend.
  4.    #4  
    Freecaddie.com is the website and here is the WM cab (there is also a java app)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If somebody can put a gps into a golf ball they'ed make a million bucks.
    No more lost balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    If somebody can put a gps into a golf ball they'ed make a million bucks.
    No more lost balls.
    Not sure if u would want gps when u go throw a windows FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..LOL
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    wow this looks realy cool.. is the screen res ok with the 800w?
    Anyone else having trouble loading golf courses into this app?

I can't seem to figure it out..
    Quote Originally Posted by surfer144 View Post
    Anyone else having trouble loading golf courses into this app?

I can't seem to figure it out..
    I had this issue as well. After e-mailing the developer, they told me to use the beta 1.1 version http://freecaddie.com/Software/FreeCaddieWM.110Beta.CAB and download the courses from http://freecaddie.com/GetCourse2.aspx. He said that the zip compression package he was using was bad and he was getting ready to get rid of it. As soon as I started downloading the .fcf files everything started working.
    ^ Perfect, thanks man. Got it working and can't wait to get out there .
  11. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Now the real question... Which ends first, the golf game or the battery...
    I will be following the development of this software, very cool.
    Tried it out at a local par 3 course and it was awesome. Was really accurate and i'm sure it knocked a stroke or two off of my score.

Didn't seem to drain the battery much at all. Though, I was using it pretty sparingly.
  14.    #14  
    I've now used it on 3 different courses which I mapped myself. It has been dead on except for one hole where the yardages were off by about 50 yards (I thing the hole was moved since the google maps image) Also it easily lasts through a 5 hour round without killing the battery.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I haven't used it yet but it looks pretty sweet. I put in a course that is near my house and the GPS works great! (678 yards to the first pin from my back porch) Too bad you can't use it to mark your score and track it on your desktop like Intelligolf but hey, it is free.
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    I just got an email that it's on version 1.1.1 now.