Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    SEIDIO'S INNOCASE HYBRID

Pre-order Now. Shipping will begin the week of Aug 11,2008.

Our unique Innocase Surface is less than 1mm thick and provides a strong layer of protection and excellent grip for your Treo.

- 0.8mm thin case provides scratch protection without adding much bulk
    - Designed from a hard, yet flexible material
    - Unique soft-touch "rubberized" texture provides a great feel and better grip
    - Slip it into your pocket or pair it with one of our Innocase holsters or leather cases
    hi

When is the micro-USB to 3.5mm audio adaptor coming out ?

BigMots
    How about the car charger? I really need one but don't want to rely on the one without the cable
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    SEIDIO'S INNOCASE HYBRID

Pre-order Now. Shipping will begin the week of Aug 11,2008.

Our unique Innocase Surface is less than 1mm thick and provides a strong layer of protection and excellent grip for your Treo.

- 0.8mm thin case provides scratch protection without adding much bulk
    - Designed from a hard, yet flexible material
    - Unique soft-touch "rubberized" texture provides a great feel and better grip
    - Slip it into your pocket or pair it with one of our Innocase holsters or leather cases
    Is the front cover a door? Does it cover the entire front section, or just partially around the edges? I can't tell very much from the photos, and the text discription doesn't tell much either.
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    How about the car charger? I really need one but don't want to rely on the one without the cable
    Any cheap micro usb car charger should work. I bought a $4 motorola charger from Amazon and it charges my phone completely in about an hour or less.
    what kind of material is the clear front half? and any promotions or discount codes or free shipping yet?
    I'm also interested to see what is covered on the front. From the picture, it looks like nothign is covered.

Can you please elaborate on the coverage on the front of this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrage View Post
    I'm also interested to see what is covered on the front. From the picture, it looks like nothign is covered.

looks to me like it's the same coverage as the regular innocase (only coverage on the top strip above the screen), but I'd like to hear Seidio confirm.
    That's what I thought...just the top area above teh screen and the small strip underneath. Kind of makes me wonder what the point of a clear front is if it only covers 10% of it.
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    It is hard to cover more of the front due to the placement of the keys in the center. You can't really have a strip going across the middle due to the hardware keys.
  11.    #11  
    Shipping for this case began today (8/12).

Currently, Seidio is shipping Clear, Hybrid , black, Burgundy,Blue and Pink Innocase for Treo 800W. All case/holster combo are also available.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Shipping for this case began today (8/12).

Currently, Seidio is shipping Clear, Hybrid , black, Burgundy,Blue and Pink Innocase for Treo 800W. All case/holster combo are also available.

Ummm yeah...thanks for answering our questions. I guess I won't be ordering one.
    I wanted their black case initially, but 30 bucks is just way too much imo.

Ummm yeah...thanks for answering our questions. I guess I won't be ordering one.

That's what I thought...just the top area above teh screen and the small strip underneath. Kind of makes me wonder what the point of a clear front is if it only covers 10% of it.
    1) I don't see a single ? in the above posts. So there are no questions to answer.

2) It's quite obvious what the coverage is on the phone. It's identicle to the other cases, just uses a clear plastic for the front half of it. Think of taking the all clear case, seperating the halfs, and sticking the front half of the clear case onto the back half of the black case.

Quote Originally Posted by 800w4me View Post
    I wanted their black case initially, but 30 bucks is just way too much imo.
    $30 is an absolute steal, truth be told.

Manufacturing a case this complex with as tight of design tolerances as required (not to mention the bonus features such as the soft touch paint) is extremely expensive. Having watched people design similar products (but with much lower tolerances, .8 mm is *VERY* thin) limited runs are usually upwards of $100 (and that's considered cheap).

this is the question--we are not clear as to the coverage on the front of the case. this was not at all addressed in Seidio's response.

I have to disagree--$30 is pricey for a plastic/rubber case. I had a Moto KRZR a while back and Verizon had a similar case (no idea if it was Seidio or not), but it was priced under $15 if I remember correctly. Then you tack on the shipping/handling and you are looking at somewhere closer to $40.
    also, other than .8 mm thin as a specification, Seidio does not have any info on the design tolerances. what exactly are you looking for the case to withstand? if the case can withstand a drop from 1 story up, but your phone cannot, what's the use? and in my opinion, the case design for this phone isn't exactly complex.

just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    1) I don't see a single ? in the above posts. So there are no questions to answer.

2) It's quite obvious what the coverage is on the phone. It's identicle to the other cases, just uses a clear plastic for the front half of it. Think of taking the all clear case, seperating the halfs, and sticking the front half of the clear case onto the back half of the black case.

$30 is an absolute steal, truth be told.

Manufacturing a case this complex with as tight of design tolerances as required (not to mention the bonus features such as the soft touch paint) is extremely expensive. Having watched people design similar products (but with much lower tolerances, .8 mm is *VERY* thin) limited runs are usually upwards of $100 (and that's considered cheap).

$30 + ridiculous shipping is a steal for a 30 cent piece of plastic? Manufacturing aside....they are making a killing.
    I hope it is not the same high quality plastic used in the Seidio stylus pen as some folks are having issues with it cracking.
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    I have to disagree--$30 is pricey for a plastic/rubber case. I had a Moto KRZR a while back and Verizon had a similar case (no idea if it was Seidio or not), but it was priced under $15 if I remember correctly. Then you tack on the shipping/handling and you are looking at somewhere closer to $40.
    Everything I've received from Seidio has been very high quality. And there is the whole law of mass production here, how many Moto's are there out there compared to 800w's?

The majority of the expense is setting up production. For example I recently got a quote for a custom manufactured part (plastic) that was about $1200 for 5. From then on it was about $300 for 10 IIRC. That was extremely cheap too, I'd gotten other quotes that started at $3k and went up to $13k.

If you do a run of say 100, then your prices will be much higher than if you do a run of 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    also, other than .8 mm thin as a specification, Seidio does not have any info on the design tolerances. what exactly are you looking for the case to withstand? if the case can withstand a drop from 1 story up, but your phone cannot, what's the use? and in my opinion, the case design for this phone isn't exactly complex.
    Think about all the curves on the phone. The case needs to match that form factor pretty much exactly.

And if you think it's not complex, go download a free cad program and show us just how easy it is.

(I've done it, and spent literally tens of hours designing a part I thought would take me 5 minutes, and that was much simpler than the case Seidio has designed.)

$30 + ridiculous shipping is a steal for a 30 cent piece of plastic? Manufacturing aside....they are making a killing.
    See reply above.

Are they making money? Of course. Are they making a "killing"? Not hardly. Now designing an iPhone app that does nothing but play some music and selling it for $1,000 is "making a killing."

Go compare prices on cases. Seidio isn't charging much more than the rest. If you don't like the price, go save $5 and buy something that doesn't fit as well, hold up as well, last as long, and isn't manufactured as well as the Seidio case.

http://store.treocentral.com/treo-800w-cases.htm

Saving $5 isn't worth it to me. Maybe it is to you.

And for what it's worth, I haven't seen any other case or accessory manufacturer be as active as Seidio on the forums. Excellent customer service, and I would buy their case for twice the price just for that alone. Look at how they handled their holster turning off the ringing switch as a classic example.
    How do you know they're not making a killing? Do you work for them? From the way you're defending them it seems you have some personal attachment to Seidio.

You're right about one thing, if anyone thinks $30 is too much, shop elsewhere, which is exactly what many people (including myself) will do. I don't understand why you got so defensive just because a couple people thought $30 was too much! I really don't care how much initial set-up costs Seidio or what it's actually "worth" to Seidio, but what it's worth to me.

(And trust me, they're making money! Good for them too!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Everything I've received from Seidio has been very high quality. And there is the whole law of mass production here, how many Moto's are there out there compared to 800w's?

The majority of the expense is setting up production. For example I recently got a quote for a custom manufactured part (plastic) that was about $1200 for 5. From then on it was about $300 for 10 IIRC. That was extremely cheap too, I'd gotten other quotes that started at $3k and went up to $13k.

If you do a run of say 100, then your prices will be much higher than if you do a run of 1000.

Think about all the curves on the phone. The case needs to match that form factor pretty much exactly.

And if you think it's not complex, go download a free cad program and show us just how easy it is.

(I've done it, and spent literally tens of hours designing a part I thought would take me 5 minutes, and that was much simpler than the case Seidio has designed.)

See reply above.

Are they making money? Of course. Are they making a "killing"? Not hardly. Now designing an iPhone app that does nothing but play some music and selling it for $1,000 is "making a killing."

Go compare prices on cases. Seidio isn't charging much more than the rest. If you don't like the price, go save $5 and buy something that doesn't fit as well, hold up as well, last as long, and isn't manufactured as well as the Seidio case.

http://store.treocentral.com/treo-800w-cases.htm

Saving $5 isn't worth it to me. Maybe it is to you.

And for what it's worth, I haven't seen any other case or accessory manufacturer be as active as Seidio on the forums. Excellent customer service, and I would buy their case for twice the price just for that alone. Look at how they handled their holster turning off the ringing switch as a classic example.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast