Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Ok, so I'm having a problem and want to know if anyone else is having the same issue maybe as I am. First let me tell you my setup:

Jawbone 2 headset
    Only 3 programs installed (Resco Explorer w/Registry, Sprint Navigation (just ran the program that came with the phone, and the Voice Command Patch)

If I have the Jawbone connected (not on a call just ready to ring in my ear) and the Voice Command incoming call notifications turned on. When someone calls me and the phone rings, for half a second the ring is fine, right after that it goes into a very distorted crackling noise which is super annoying. After I turn off the voice command notification and have someone call me it works fine. Can anyone see if this is the same for them.
    Last edited by vMAC; 08/06/2008 at 06:12 PM.
    Yep, I can confirm that. I'm using the bt8040 however. Chalk it up as another bug. I haven't tried a hard reset to see if it solves the problem yet. I wonder if this is related to the bt fix from Palm.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Thank you for confirming, I had a Motorola H700 that I was using yesterday, went out and bought the Jawbone turned on the notifications, and then started hearing the problem. Didn't know if it was the headset or just the phone. It's been driving me crazy for like 5 hours now and I was trying to figure out what exactly the issue was.
    Well I am getting my phone replaced with a new one for another reason (missed calls). I'll let you know if the new phone has the same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Well I am getting my phone replaced with a new one for another reason (missed calls). I'll let you know if the new phone has the same issue.
    Hey Hannip,

I'm having problems with frequent missed calls as well. What did you say or tell them to get your phone replaced?

Thanks,

Tae
    Quote Originally Posted by freetreo700p View Post
    Hey Hannip,

I'm having problems with frequent missed calls as well. What did you say or tell them to get your phone replaced?

Thanks,

Tae
    It's funny, I've been testing incoming calls for a few weeks now and it's very intermittent. It seems that even though I have full signal the incoming caller would repeatedly get sent straight to voicemail. I've tried with Rev-A enabled and disabled. I've tried getting my phone reprogrammed. I've tried a hard reset. Nothing would help. Of course when I called technical support it worked every time. As soon as I got off it failed 4 times straight and 1 out of 2 from a another phone. So I just called back and explained it and they forwarded me to telesales to get a replacement. I should have it by Friday.

I just hope I get a good one this time. The one I have at least had a good battery. I'm thinking I'll just hold onto this battery with the new phone.
    Don't get me wrong, I love windows mobile, but this is possibly the biggest reason I left wm. I missed calls on over 5 sprint wm devices.

I know many of you have used them as well before, but I think this is a wm bug and not just an 800w bug.

Wm is an awsome pda/device, but not as good/reliable phone. Palm did better than anyone else, but it is still wm.

Hopefully wm 8.0 will be better. Lol.

Cody

I wish you 800w guys luck.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    My 700wx did not miss calls like this if ever at my home. It's a defective device.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    mine does this with voice command enabled or it takes forever for me to answer the phone if at all but with voice command disabled it works fine
    Quote Originally Posted by flynvy5 View Post
    mine does this with voice command enabled or it takes forever for me to answer the phone if at all but with voice command disabled it works fine
    Are you saying that when you have voice command enabled your phone will totally miss calls with no missed call notification or anything?

I know if you have incoming call announcments enabled in voice command it can really slow down the start of the ringing, but what I'm seeing is nothing. No reaction from the phone whatsoever and the phone is not resource constrained like when voice command is winding up.
    I have used the voice command functionality now for 2 days, announcing of appointments, making calls, and so forth - I have had no problems. However, when in a windy area...