Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I need help with this program. I recently downloaded and activated this program, but for some reason it keeps cutting off about 20% in the lower part of my screen. I tried for help in their website but it is in a foreign language ( Dutch I think). Please help me guys.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    When configuring UL, go to "Display", check "fixed plug-in height", and adjust the # of pixels. I have mine set at 180, I have my today screen set to show the contact lookup plugin and then UL takes up the rest of the screen.
  3.    #3  
    Still no good. The distortion is also is in the menu display as well. It looks more like a problem with the way the program is arranged, like if it was meant to be for a bigger screen.
    Anyone out there that knows how to fix this problem?
    I had the exact same problem...got so frustrated w/it I unistalled it. The actual program UL has about 20% of the program out of view through the bottom of the 800w's screen with no option to scroll down to view the remainer of the screen.

True you can adjust the pixels to affect the size of the plug-ins, etc., but this doesn't affect the way the actual program looks when you open it up. I was unable to solve it (of course I'm not a genius like most folks in here).

Cosmo
    I've emailed the dev and he's working on it.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  6.    #6  
    Thank you GK. I really appreciate it. I'm running out of options. I'll keep on checking daily.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Its a known issue with our screens; it was the same on the 700wx. You're actually not missing much of anything. You can see all the important items
  8.    #8  
    Actually Bootup, I was looking at videos of people working on their UL program, and I'm missing buttons on the bottom that I can't actually see on mine. For example, on the display tab screen, there's a button underneath DELETE called COMBINE, that I can't see at all.
    it's a pain, sure, but having to use realvga to force the 96dpi is a small price to pay for the sweetest home screen evar (i.e. one that is perfectly molded to your liking.

it took me a while to line up the finished product perfectly. keep messing with it. don't give up. the results are totally worth it.
    You could modify the setting.ini file directly on your PC. It needs the to be in unicode format. After that you can replace the inital .ini file & reload.
  11.    #11  
    I can problably locate the .ini file. But I don't know what you mean by unicode, or to what setting it should be changedt to. Can you please be a little more elaborate? Try explaining it as if you were talking to a regular guy with only some knowledge with smartphones.
    Follow these steps:
    1. Connect Treo to PC.
    2. After ActiveSync do its job, explore the treo to folder \Program Files\UltimateLaunch.
    3. Find file UltimateLaunch.ini.
    4. Copy that file to PC & rename UltimateLaunch.ini.txt.
    5. Open that file with notepad.
    6. Make any changes you wanted.
    7. Save the file, make sure it says the encoding as Unicode.
    8. Copy the file to treo @ \ProgramFile\UltimateLaunch, thus overwriting the old .ini file.
    9. On treo, go to Today screen, tap & hold on the UL tab and a pop-up menu will show.
    10. Select reload ini.
    Attached is copy of my ini file, it has combination on 2nd tab (the one says multipage.)
    Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Forget to add, on step no 8, after copying the file back to treo, don't forget to rename the file removing the .txt extension.
    Ultimate launch is working great. After activating it removes the "not activated" text from tabs. But after a while it shows back up again. Anyone know why this happens?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Ultimate launch is working great. After activating it removes the "not activated" text from tabs. But after a while it shows back up again. Anyone know why this happens?
    I had the same problem. Make sure it is actually accepting your activation code. If you click "OK" after entering the activation code, it won't work; you have to click on the mostly-hidden box just below the activation code ... you won't be able to see any text in that box (since their menus aren't sized properly for the 800w) but if you click on it, it should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    There are two OK's you have to click after you activate. The one that is cut-off at the bottom under where you put in the reg code and then the OK on the left bottom selector button. I never read the pop up when I activated it and ran into the same problem by not selecting the second OK button.
    Im guessing you guys are talking about the two ok's on this screen

That's it. Your screen is a little different than mine but should be the same process to activate.

Last edited by pjmac; 08/08/2008 at 09:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmac View Post
    That's it!
    Yeah...those are the ones i clicked before and it still shows up. I will configure all my tabs first then try activating it and see what happens
    Question for you UltimateLaunch pros... I made my "home" tab the Clock, email, messaging and the Dial Lookup. It's showing up find, except for the Dial Lookup. I'm getting an error where that should be saying: "The plugin is already active" even though it is not running anywhere. Any ideas?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast