Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 51
  1. dwg
    dwg is offline
    dwg's Avatar
    Posts
    138 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasazcat View Post
    Question for you UltimateLaunch pros... I made my "home" tab the Clock, email, messaging and the Dial Lookup. It's showing up find, except for the Dial Lookup. I'm getting an error where that should be saying: "The plugin is already active" even though it is not running anywhere. Any ideas?
    some plugins seem to only in one place. make sure another tab doesn't have dial lookup... and that it is not above or below UL on your main today page.
  2. #22  
    anyway to add bluetooth in a tab
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasazcat View Post
    Question for you UltimateLaunch pros... I made my "home" tab the Clock, email, messaging and the Dial Lookup. It's showing up find, except for the Dial Lookup. I'm getting an error where that should be saying: "The plugin is already active" even though it is not running anywhere. Any ideas?
    The Dial Lookup field is pinned to the today page and is always 'running' whether or not you've got it hidden. You cannot add it to UL.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Im guessing you guys are talking about the two ok's on this screen

    I still keep getting that not activated text on UL. Is there anything I can to the .ini file so that wont show up anymore? Also can I add the bluetooth settings icon in a tab?
  5. #25  
    Ok, after seeing many threads with people promoting this launcher, I decided to install it and have a go at it. Definitely not a program for the timid or impatient.

    I understand that the configuration screens don't work right with our 800w resolution and I can wait I guess until this gets addressed but I have a couple issues I'd like to fix before then.

    1) I can't see the button to set a tab as the start one. I assume it's one of the cut off ones. Don't see anything in the .ini file for that. Can someone with this set see if their .ini file call it out?

    2) I can't seem to get .ico icon files to work with this. It lets me navigate to them and select them but then shows a generic icon instead. The only apps that show icons are ones where it is already linked to the program in the system.

    Thanks for any assistance.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Ok, after seeing many threads with people promoting this launcher, I decided to install it and have a go at it. Definitely not a program for the timid or impatient.

    I understand that the configuration screens don't work right with our 800w resolution and I can wait I guess until this gets addressed but I have a couple issues I'd like to fix before then.

    1) I can't see the button to set a tab as the start one. I assume it's one of the cut off ones. Don't see anything in the .ini file for that. Can someone with this set see if their .ini file call it out?

    2) I can't seem to get .ico icon files to work with this. It lets me navigate to them and select them but then shows a generic icon instead. The only apps that show icons are ones where it is already linked to the program in the system.

    Thanks for any assistance.
    I agree that it is not for the timid mostly because there is no "complete" documentation (in a single PDF). However I am not seeing any of the issues mentioned above. I am using RealVga (thanks to Ebag, et al) and mostly works great. My only gripe with UL is that it will only allow 1 plugin to be selected in a "Today-Plugin" tab which if I want one of the Tabs to be like the stock Today screen, I need to buy another app which means more $$$.

    Regarding 1), if I understand your question correctly, you want one of the Tabs to be the "starting tab". This you can do in "Tab -> Select the tab you want to be 'starting tab' -> Click change -> Go to tab 'Tab' -> Click on 'Open Tab on Startup' -> Press Left Soft Key (Ok) and so on

    Regarding 2), I am not seeing this issue. I am able to select my own Icons.

    Hope that helps.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdude View Post
    My only gripe with UL is that it will only allow 1 plugin to be selected in a "Today-Plugin" tab which if I want one of the Tabs to be like the stock Today screen, I need to buy another app which means more $$$.
    Not true... You just have to make a tab of tabs at which point you can add as many Today plugin tabs as you'd like. I have multiple tabs with multiple today plugins on each.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  8. #28  
    You may want to use a freeware icon program to see if the icons file has images that are 48x48 and smaller. If there are only larger images, then it may not show up. I have limited knowledge here so others are welcome to add.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Not true... You just have to make a tab of tabs at which point you can add as many Today plugin tabs as you'd like. I have multiple tabs with multiple today plugins on each.
    Sweet. You are right. "combination of tabs" would that. Is there a way to add more items in the "Today Plugin" list that is available on UL's "Today Plugin" tab e.g. calender. If I select "Oobe" and save settings, UL reports "plugin is already running". Probably I am missing a step/something.
    Last edited by bkdude; 09/09/2008 at 07:24 AM.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdude View Post
    Sweet. You are right. "combination of tabs" would that. Is there a way to add more items in the "Today Plugin" list that is available on UL's "Today Plugin" tab e.g. calender. If I select "Oobe" and save settings, UL reports "plugin is already running". Probably I am missing a step/something.
    You will usually get that message if the plug is running on another screen like your default today screen or somehow it is running in the background in your startup. You can't run multiple instances of the same plugin, kind of like IRQ setups when you had to configure your own for sound modem etc.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmac View Post
    You will usually get that message if the plug is running on another screen like your default today screen or somehow it is running in the background in your startup. You can't run multiple instances of the same plugin, kind of like IRQ setups when you had to configure your own for sound modem etc.
    Got it. Thanks. Still trying to figure out how to add "Calender" and "Tasks" as plugins on UL's "combination" tabs since they dont show up in the plugin list in UL. Any inputs are welcome.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdude View Post
    Got it. Thanks. Still trying to figure out how to add "Calender" and "Tasks" as plugins on UL's "combination" tabs since they dont show up in the plugin list in UL. Any inputs are welcome.
    I couldn't figure out how to get the standard Calendar and Task plugins to work on UL so I got TodayAgenda and put that on a separate tab. Currently I only have UL on the standard Today screen.

    As for my other issues, I don't have the VGA fix to make the page space larger to see the full configuration screens. Hopefully the app will be fixed to work with the standard 320x320 resoution. My icons don't seem to be a problem, and I even tried ones that someone else used in their version of UL.

    Could someone who is using their own icons share their .ini file so I can see what the entries look like? When I select my own icon, it puts it on the line for executable in the .ini file.

    Thanks.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    I couldn't figure out how to get the standard Calendar and Task plugins to work on UL so I got TodayAgenda and put that on a separate tab. Currently I only have UL on the standard Today screen.
    Yup thats a bummer. May be one of the Gurus will have the answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Could someone who is using their own icons share their .ini file so I can see what the entries look like? When I select my own icon, it puts it on the line for executable in the .ini file.

    Thanks.

    Here are couple of examples from my .ini:


    [IconXPButton]
    Command = http://m.facebook.com
    Icon = \My Documents\Icons\Facebook2.ico

    [IconXPButton]
    Command = \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sprint Navigation.lnk
    Icon = \My Documents\Icons\Navi.ico
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdude View Post
    Yup thats a bummer. May be one of the Gurus will have the answer.




    Here are couple of examples from my .ini:


    [IconXPButton]
    Command = http://m.facebook.com
    Icon = \My Documents\Icons\Facebook2.ico

    [IconXPButton]
    Command = \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sprint Navigation.lnk
    Icon = \My Documents\Icons\Navi.ico
    That's interesting. Mine doesn't show "Icon" it says Executable. It also didn't say [IconXPButton] but just [IconButton].

    I changed it in the .ini file to match yours and now the icon shows up.

    I'm just glad I have a remote desktop app for the phone, makes all this tweaking much easier. I'm using My Moblier.

    Thanks.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  15. #35  
    Ok, I see now where I went wrong. When you ad an app to a tab, you have to select "XP-Icon" instead of "Program-Icon" if you want to use your own icons.

    I can remove the items and re add them as XP-Icon or just change the .ini file to fix them.
    Last edited by NicksGarage; 09/09/2008 at 12:24 PM.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  16. #36  
    Anyone know what the shortcut link would be for the brightness control? The standard set for Windows Mobile Control Panel doesn't include that.
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdude View Post

    Regarding 1), if I understand your question correctly, you want one of the Tabs to be the "starting tab". This you can do in "Tab -> Select the tab you want to be 'starting tab' -> Click change -> Go to tab 'Tab' -> Click on 'Open Tab on Startup' -> Press Left Soft Key (Ok) and so on

    Hope that helps.
    Could you check your ini file? Unless you are using realVGA, you can't see this setting:

  18. gottria's Avatar
    Posts
    319 Posts
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    #38  
    I'm using and purchased UL and so far it's been fine. I use it just like having multiple home pages. I don't have a lot on each home page as I don't like having the scroll bar on the right. I set the header pixel to 0 and just slide my finger accros the screen to flip between the "home screens".
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter_In_MN View Post
    Could you check your ini file? Unless you are using realVGA, you can't see this setting:
    I am using RealVGA.
    Try adding "Active = yes" under your "starting page" (I call it Main) as shown below in your .ini and see if it works.

    [Page]
    Title = Main
    Active = yes
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdude View Post
    I am using RealVGA.
    Try adding "Active = yes" under your "starting page" (I call it Main) as shown below in your .ini and see if it works.

    [Page]
    Title = Main
    Active = yes

    Perfect! That's what I was looking for. Now I can have it return to my main page after a few minutes automatically.

    Now I just need to find the shortcut for the brightness control and I'll be all set.

    Thanks!!!
    Bell Rotary --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Palm Treo 800w
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions